Page 1.

I looked at myself in the mirror and examined the bruises on my face. He promised that he would stop but he always does it over and over again. While I began to wash my face I felt a presence behind me. I looked up to see Damion standing behind me.

He kissed my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again." His voice sent cold chills down my spine. I finished washing my face and turned toward him. I looked into his eyes and I could see the passion and love. My heart felt like the apology was sincere but my mind knew better. I've looked into those lying eyes so many times that I was getting tired of looking at them. I put my head on his chest and quietly whispered "I forgive you." He kissed my forehead and walked back into the bedroom. I looked back at the mirror and thought to myself. I have to leave but I love him. He's the father of my child.
I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard his deep voice say "Alexis, Darion is almost late." I quickly began to put on my makeup making sure that every bruise was covered so my son wouldn't see them. I got dressed and ran to Darion's(in mm) room. I looked at him sleeping so peacefully and smiled. I walked to his bed and started shaking him until he woke up smiling at me. I picked him up and walked to his closet. "So, what are we wearing today" I said to him. He started cooing and reached for his black t-shirt. I grabbed it and put it on him while I searched for his khaki pants and black Jordan's. After 2 minutes of searching I finally found them and put them on him. I picked him up,ran downstairs, grabbed my keys, and got in the car. As I was pulling out of the driveway I saw damion looking out the window with a Hennessey bottle in his hand. That either meant rough sex or I'm getting beat when I get back. Oh God.