Page 29

1 year later*

"So, when y'all getting y'all own place?" Vier asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"Vier, if you don't want me here anymore you can just say that." I said instead of answering his question.

"I do want y'all here but seeing that you have two kids now I thought you want want your own place." he replied.

"Yeah right," I retorted. "Where is Lucas anyway?" I asked. "I'm right here." He said walking in with Liyah (in mm) on his arm and Darion walking on behind him. Lucas and I  have become so attached to her. We don't know what life would be like without  her.

"Hey babies" I said gaining a small grin from Liyah, a hug from Darion, and a kiss from Lucas.

"Wassup with you." Lucas said sitting down next to me.

"I been thinking bout finding a house for us and plus I think vier tired our asses." I said. "I didn't say that!" Vier yelled.

"Quit all that damn yelling." I said with an attitude.

"Anyway, I seen a couple nice houses not too far from here,"he said. "Them was some big ass houses and I wrote down the number on the sign just in case you brought it up." He went on.

"Ok, well imma have to give em a call one day." I said. Lucas attempted to lay Liyah down on the couch but she began to cry. He reached into her diaper bag and pulled out an empty bottle. "I got it." I said taking the bottle out of his hand and running to the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

After fixing the bottle I gave it to him and let him feed her. I heard small footsteps and soon saw Darion's face. "Hey mama" he said giving me a smile. "Hi, baby" I said to him. He tried to get up on the couch but needed a little bit of assistance. I helped him up on the couch and he sat beside me with a big smile plastered in his face. He is so adorable.

"How are today, mommy?" He asked

"Mommy is wonderful today and how are you, hansdome?"

"I doing okay but I... I wanna know can you please give me some candy, mommy. I.. I don't want a lot....just a little bit, please." He asked nicely.

"Of course you can. Come to the kitchen with me." I said getting up and giving him time to do the same. I don't usually give him a lot of candy but the way he asked me. I couldn't say no. I walked in the kitchen and reached into the cabinet and grabbed his favorite candy, starburst. I opened the candy and gave him about 10. I walked back into the living room to see Lucas sleeping with Liyah in his chest. 😍😍