chapter 1

Chapter 1

Cries, screams, clashes of metal, and gun fire are all I hear as I battle the enemy. It has been a long day and the ground is now soaked with blood. Many have fallen to my blade and skills I’ve never slayed this many people. I lost count after fifty and that was when the sun was at its highest peak now it is nightfall on this summer day. I duck, twirl, slash, parry, and dodge its only instinct now there must be no feelings when I am in battle. As I decapitate another enemy solider I look and see only a piles of bodies everywhere. I drop my sword in exhaustion and finally feel the fatigue of fighting take its toll on my body. All I hear are voices surrounding me and getting louder. Murder. Guilty. Shameful. Outcast. Soulless. A monster. Monster. Monster!

 I wake up gasping for air and adrenaline coursing through my body. I scan the room and figure out it’s my room. So it was all just a dream? No I realize with sudden clarity it was a flash back to a horrid past. My past back when I was still in war. I start getting ready to head off to school ready to kick ass if need be. I gear up with the usual black jeans, grey shirt, sneakers, a sleeveless light combat jacket, and leather gloves. I sheathe my twin broad swords onto my back and sheathe my dagger behind my hip. I put my two pistols in my shoulder holsters under my jacket. Lastly, I put my collapsible compact bow on my fore arm and my quiver of arrows on my back pointing a little to my right. I head out the door and get on my motorcycle. I put on my helmet and speed off heading to the high school. I park my bike in the parking lot and put the helmet in the backpack of the bike.

 I head into the doors and head for the cafeteria. I get some breakfast there and sit down at a table. As I’m eating I hear people sit down at my table. I look up and notice Andrea and Bradley sit down. I nod at them and they eat as well. Andrea is a short girl, with long black hair, blue jeans, and a tie dye shirt. She has her hair is tied back in a ponytail and I see she is wearing her glasses today. Her semi-automatic rifle with scope slung over her back. Bradley is a close quarters expert he is wearing a ninja outfit with a black and red color scheme. He has throwing knives all over but nobody sees them until it’s too late. The only weapons I know of or can barely see are these pitch black daggers they act like hidden blades but can function as regular combat blades as well. After we are done eating, we catch up with each other and just small talk until we have to go to class. I can’t shake this morning’s incident and it messes me up in my first class. I get punched in the face because 1st period is close quarters combat. I think focusing on class will get my mind off it so I rush McFarland. I send a barrage of fists and kicks at him. He is down after I get behind him I kick him in the back of the knee so he kneels. I kick his side and knee him into the ground and ask “yield?” He nods and I get off of him and bow to my teacher. After I bow I turn to McFarland I offer my hand to him and he accepts. I walk to the side lines and put the rest of my gear on. I walk to my next class and its marksmen ship. It is a boring class because I am the only archer in my class so I just shoot the class arrows. I hit bulls eye every time, enough self-practice gets you that. My teacher lets me be and works with the others that can barely hit the target.