the beginning

Harry dragged his feet as he made his way to his least favorite class, potions. Not only was the teacher out to get him, but the class was shared with another house, slytherin. Slytherin was pretty bad as a whole, but there was one member of the house who made his life hell, Draco Malfoy. The rich, stuck up, rude boy who would not leave Harry alone and made any moment they were in the same room absolutely dreadful. He finally pulled open the heavy door that lead to the potions room and slumped into his seat, he was relatively early so he waited for the other students to get there. Ron got there shortly after and plopped down in the seat to the left of him.

As Harry watched all the students file in, a glint of platinum blonde hair caught his eye which he knew could be none other than Draco, for some reason his whole body didn't fill with dread as it usually did when he saw him. As class began Professor Snape walked to the front of the class and began with his usual sullen tone, "today we will be switching from our usual partners and every Slytherin student must match up with a Gryffindor student."   A collective groan was heard across all students as they received this news. Snape began assigning partners," Ms. Parkinson and Ms. Granger, Mr. Goyle and Mr. Weasley, Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Potter." Harry nearly dropped his quill at his partner assignment, and as he caught Draco's eye he saw he looked just as surprised with Snape's decision as he was, except... were Draco's cheeks turning red? Harry decided this was a trick of the light and began walking towards where Draco was and sat down beside him.

Draco visibly tensed as Harry sat down and he couldn't help but wonder what was wrong with him. "Stop staring at me Potter", he said and then promptly turned away from Harry. While it was usual behavior for Draco to be this rude, his tone was different than usual. As Harry sat wondering what was going on with Draco, Professor Snape began teaching his lesson once again. Snape was talking about a potion that when consumed by two people, an image from the mind of the person who drank first could be transferred into the second drinker's mind. Professor Snape went on to write down the instructions for making the potion adding that the person who would drink first would be the partner sitting on the left, in Draco and Harry's case, this was Draco. When they finished making the potion, without exchanging a single word, Malfoy lifted the potion to his lips and drank. Shortly after Harry did the same, at first there was nothing, but then a very weak picture flashed into his brain of a golden snitch. This image quickly faded away and was replaced by an image of two boys kissing, Harry was rather alarmed to discover these boys looked exactly like him and Draco. Harry stuttered," I uh d-don't think we made the potion correctly." Draco shrugged, "I'm not surprised, you do have a tendency to mess things up." Harry forgot about the image momentarily to retort, " And how do you know it wasn't your fault?" "I don't make mistakes", said Malfoy simply.

Harry thought about the image he saw during Potions the whole rest of the day, Harry was rather sure he did not mess up the potion. Did this mean that image was actually inside Malfoy's head? Why was Harry not more alarmed by what he had seen? Had he liked what he had seen?