Chapter 35: Idris

Start from the beginning

       Even though Leirum answered Prince Narsus' questions with short words, it still showed how much they were close since the first ranker seemed to have just a calm but serious aura around him when normally, a sinister aura was always around him. Also, he doesn't talk that much to us like how he does to Prince Narsus.

         If the outside looked so amazing, it was even more inside. Frozen pretty different flowers as if frozen in time were inside the walls as decorations. There were servants inside, no, not the kind of servant who looked like Cinderella with all that rugs for clothes, they were more like presentable maids of rich people which was the case.

        Portraits hung from the walls and showed different paintings of some people who seemed to be the previous rulers of this kingdom since all of them bear the same crown and had some similar features.

        The floor was made of white marble tiles and chandeliers hung above.

         The place was simply beautifully elegant and amazing. I wonder how the other palaces of the other kingdom looks like. I bet they're all pretty in their own ways though, they're palaces after all, nothing compared to the past palaces I saw in pictures of the late kingdoms of England.

        Leirum and the prince kept talking to themselves so we started conversations of our own. We were just having a good time together when we came across something.

         In front of a huge door stood maids that were holding trays of food and kept on knocking.

        "Prince Narsus. You have to eat, please your highness, you haven't eaten for a few days now!" one of the maids called out in a worried tone as she knocked on the door.

       We stopped on our tracks as a normal reaction while Prince Janus sighed and walked towards the door as we followed and the maids gave a bow of curtsy as they backed away and gave him way.

       "Lord Brother, nothing will happen if you just mope around. Come out and eat, you can at least do that to stop us for worrying." Prince Janus said in a soft but pleading tone as he softly knocked on the door and we silently watched behind him.

        "Go away big brother. Just... leave me alone." came the reply from inside as Prince Janus' expression was that of worry, well, all of us were worried.

       Prince Narsus' gave a defeated sigh as he turned to go away when we heard a loud bang, we saw the door thrown away in splinters and chunks of ice, Leirum, walking inside casually.

       From my line of sight, I saw Rex face palm as the maids scurried away in shock while we opted to just join the first ranker inside.

       "C'mon you brat, I didn't go to that damned human world for nothing, now do me a favor and get your ass up at once." the first ranker's voice resonated inside the room.

        For some reason, I only noticed just now that even if we were inside this building made of ice and frost, it wasn't that cold at all, if anything, the place has a normal room temperature.

       Looking inside, everything was grand with the only source of light coming from above. A beautiful chandelier was hung from the ceiling, blue light as the source of light.

        A somewhat persian like carpet with intricate designs were at the floor, a small table at the very center of the room.

       On the left corner was a furnace with a couch a few good meter back but there was no fire. At one side were bookshelves that bore many books on them which all looked ancient.