Good Luck

It was moments like this that made your heart warm and your lips smile. Your ears were capturing every single word he was telling you and your mind was lost in his excitement.

"Eh," Jovani continues to smile, but puts his head down, "I probably won't make it."

You were surprised to see him doubt himself so quickly. Especially after he talked for so long about how ready he was for this audition. He sounded so confident; his speech filled with such spontaneous joy that his hands projected his words to express his eagerness even more.

You put your hand on his thigh, patting it a bit, trying to restore comfort in him.

"Hey," you start. Jovani looks at you with a smug smile. You lift up your free hand and take off Jovani's glasses, gently placing them in the empty seat next to you, before you stare into his soft blue eyes. "Everything's going to be fine okay? With everything you explained to me, it's impossible for things not to work out."

He gives you a wide smile, filled with hope and stable reassurance, and pulls you closer to him. His arms tightly wrap around you and the side of your face finds it's place squished lightly on his chest.

You laugh out loud. It brought you sudden happiness to see him so joyous. This is the boy who you truly had an emotional connection with. Through the ups and downs, you both stood by each other, and you know that such a bond would never be broken.

Suddenly, you hear a young lady call Jovani into the room. He focuses on her for the moment, but then instantly turns his attention back to you.

"Good luck." You tell him, one of his arms still still wrapped around you.

He looks down at you as you look up at him. You pat his chest, letting him know that it will be okay, before he gives you a short and meaningful kiss on the forehead.

"I'll be back." He tells you in a soft voice, as he gets up and walks into the room.