Chapter 1

It was fifteen minutes till the final bell would ring and Phil could not sit still. He felt like he was about to jump out of his seat and start dancing. Tonight was the night of Peej's huge Halloween party and Phil had been waiting for it all year. Halloween was Phil's favorite holiday besides Christmas and this party was the cherry on top of a great October. Every year Phil's best friend Pj would throw a party with all of their closest friends. Lots of awesome music, Japanese board games, horror movies, amazing costumes, and beer. Well, Phil never actually drank the beer, and as much as he always tried to hide it from his friends who loved to drink, they all knew that he hated it. Most of the time he'd just sneak some coffee from Pj's kitchen when nobody was looking.
"Phillip!"
Phil looked up from his trance and up to the teacher who had just yelled his name in front of the whole class.
"Um, yes ma'ma?" Phil asked, tapping his legs fast like he always did when he couldn't stop the movement.
"I've been calling your name for two minutes Mr.Lester! You need to get your head out of the clouds and into these books!" Yelled the teacher. That's what they always said. "Get your head out of the clouds" "Look at it realistically". It felt like those were the only few words that people were able to say to Phil. It wasn't his fault he didn't want to have a desk job or do something 'normal'. In all honesty, Phil really wasn't sure what he wanted to be. He know that he wanted to make people smile though. That he was sure of.
"Yes Miss, I'm sorry." Phil responded solemnly, his feet still tap tap tapping. And as he said that the bell rang. 'Saved by the bell, literally' thought Phil.
As he got his things together the teacher began walking towards him. 'Crap' thought Phil.
"Mr.Lester, may I have a word? Please, take a seat." She said with a stern face. He never really fancied this teacher. She seemed to be one of the most uptight people in the school.
Phil took a seat and put his bag back on the floor. "This may seem personal but I'm asking you because I'm worried, have you been taking your medication?"
What?? Why was she asking that, Phil barely even knew her!
"Yes, of course! It's just that I have plans tonight and I'm a bit excited for them."
"Well, that's good but I would really like for you to pay attention in class. You have good grades Mr.Lester but when you don't pay attention it can hurt you in the long run." She said, giving Phil a disapproving look.
"Yes ma'am, of course. I really am sorry. I'll pay more attention from now on." God Phil wanted to get out of that class so fast. He couldn't stand to not move for much longer. "Alright, well I suppose I'll see you in class on Monday, have a good weekend."
Thank god.

After changing into his costume (A lion by the way. He spent so much time on this costume and it turned out fantastic!) Phil was on his way to Pj's house. It had gotten dark pretty fast due to the late time in the month. A cool autumn chill went through the air. Just cold enough to wear sweaters and not be hot. Phil loved it. Though he's always been a huge fan of the Christmas season, fall and Halloween have always been a very close second. It was the perfect time of year for ghost marshmallows and coffee. Not to mention the colors of the trees. Though London wasn't much of a beauty in its weather, it did have some pretty trees in the places not taken up by buildings.
Soon enough Phil was walking into Pj's party. The house was lit up on the inside. Cars were lined up down the street. Music was blaring, Pj loved music quite a bit. He was very much alike Phil in that sense.
Pj and Phil have been friend forever. Like seriously, forever. Their moms put them in the same 'Mommy and Me' class and from then on it's always been PJ and Phil. God, when they were younger they went on so many imaginary adventures. They would pretend to slay dragon and find magical creatures. Yeah, and they're still that nerdy in senior year.
"Hey Philly!" Pj called out from the hallway. "Hey, what's up Peej? Tonight's gonna be awesomeee! Great costume by the way! Kirito is perfect with your hair." Phil yelled over the music.
Pj had a drink in his hand that Phil didn't even have to guess was beer. Most people had a drink in their hand now that Phil looked around. Maybe he should go grab a cup and pretend to sip it for appearance. Phil knew most of the people here but Pj was pretty popular around school and had some people that came every once in a while to his parties Phil didn't know well. He didn't want to end up being that one person that didn't drink because most people would just laugh at him.
"Where are the drinks?" Phil asked, looking around for a keg or some beers. Pj just gave him a look like 'yeah right' and pointed to the kitchen.
"I'll see you around Philly, going to mingle a bit!" He was yelling as well.
And just like that, Phil was alone.