Chapter One: The Chaos of Escaping

Underground organizations can be some of the most brutal places to grow up in. Not knowing where you came from or know who you really are. Many underground organizations who take others from their families usually stalk or research those who they're going to take, and the D.M.S.C is no exception. They would research and stalk children with special "gifts".

For years, children would disappear or those with no families would be taken suddenly with no signs of them anywhere. Families are heart broken and would go years with signs of the children that were taken from them. Three young children made a strong bond with each other to survive their ordeal.

"The three of us will get out of here someday. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow or even the day after that, but I know we'll make it out of here." An older boy tried to comfort the two girls who shared a room with him.

"Brother, do you really think we'll get out of here?" The smallest one of the two girls looked up at her brother with big green eyes.

"Of course, sister, now rest. It's going to be a long day tomorrow."

For years the three stayed close, keeping each other safe until the day that would allow two of the three to escape. The night was dark and rainy, although dangerous, it was the perfect time to attempt an escape. For months the eldest, a boy named Marcus made plans to get them out of their living nightmare.

A day of testing was done, and the three made their way back to their "room". Turning a corner, Marcus led the two girls to one of the two escape holes that he had been working on. He help one of the girls climb up into one of the holes that was dug into the wall. A young teenage girl with long, white hair, pale skin and had piercing blue eyes.

"Kisana, take this tunnel all the way through until you reach the other side. Once you've reached the other side run, run and don't look back. We'll find each other once we're all on the other side."

Kisana nodded her head and disappeared into the darkness of the tunnel. Marcus then led his sister to the second escape hole. Lifting her up to reach the hole Marcus suddenly heard security making their way towards them. Marcus quickly shoved his sister up into the hole just as security spotted them.

"Hey you two! Stop right there!"

Security quickly dashed towards them. If they were caught punishment was going to be server. Marcus' sister quickly turned around and held out her hand to help him up into the hole, but he knew that he wasn't going to make it in time. He shook his head no, signing that she was to leave without him.

"Give me your hand Marcus! We can still get out, together!"

"No! You have to get out first. I'll find a way to follow!"

"You're lying!"

Marcus shoot a stern look at his sister "I've never lied to you, Mana. Now go! I will find you."

She hesitated but did what her brother had told her. She crawled through the darkness of the tunnel. As she approached the other side of tunnel the smell of rain reached her nose. Streetlights dimly lit her path. Just as she was about to jump from her exit she heard a male scream echo through the tunnel.

"Marcus?!"

Now free, but scared out of her mind Mana ran through the heavy rainfall, hiding a few times when she heard familiar voices of those who were from the D.M.S.C. To get out of the rain Mana found a rundown building. Rain leaked from the roof and the place was damp and cold, but it was good enough, for now. That night Mana didn't sleep well at all. All through the night she would wake up from every little sound that was around her. Fearing that someone form the D.M.S.C. had found her was going to take her back.

The next morning, Mana carefully made her way out of the abandon building. When she didn't see anyone from the D.M.S.C nearby she decided it was time to go look for Kisana. She moved through the city, hiding in the shadows of the alleyways. Security was still looking for her, so she had to be careful and keep her eyes open. After spending the entire morning and most of the afternoon looking for Kisana, Mana became extremely tired. A night of barely having any sleep was stating to take its toll on her body.

Weak, cold, scared and tired, Mana had no choice but to find a place to rest for a while. Looking for a place Mana suddenly stopped, terrified at what was in front of her. Security members of D.M.S.C were standing right in front of her.

"Mana?!" One of the three men yelled.

The four of them stood there like deer caught in car headlights. Mana was inching her way back words, trying to make some distance between her and the three security guys from the D.M.S.C. Just as she was about to bolt Mana's arm was suddenly grabbed.

"Mana, you need to come back with us. Your brother has already been caught and you know that the higher ups are going to interrogate him until he gives you and Kisana up."

Her brother had been caught and she knew that it was only a matter of time before she and Kisana were caught as well, but Marcus said to run, run and don't look back.

"I don't want to go back. I hate it there! You're all monsters trying to gain power from other people's misery!"

A crowd started to form around them. Stopping and listening to the outburst between a scared teenage girl and three men in strange uniforms.

"Mana, you're making a scene. Please, just come back with us."

Mana pulled her arm free and pushed her way through the crowd, trying to get away. Mana's will to escape those who were trying to take her back drove her to run until it felt like she was going to collapse. The faster she ran the more she felt like she was going to faint. As she ran around a corner Mana suddenly ran into a group of kids that were around her age. Feeling a rush of relief, she begged for their help.

"Please... help me..."