Chapter 5

A/N......Hallo everyone. Without much ado, read on. Please don't just kill me!

***************************
I thought Carter had left angrily but seems it isn't. I would have preferred if he had left, though. But everything seems against me.

"Hey, are you awake ?"

I pried my eyes open at his revolting voice. He is seated on a chair across from me, where the nurse had questioned him.

I returned his question with a deadpanned look. I mean what is he doing here?

"I believed I just asked a question"

I gave him a what the fuck look. Is he that stupid or did a trailer smash his brain at birth.

"And I believe you just received your answer." I retorted.

"Spunky,are we ?"

"Stupid are you ?"

"Oh, the bombshell"

"Were you born on the highway or something, seems like your mother got into an accident and dumped you 'cause your brain cracked."

Yeah, I love that best. It rolled out of my tongue perfectly. Carter squinted his eyes at me, and he looked like he wanted to slit my throat.

"Cat got your tongue ?". I was so happy I had that effect of turning him speechless.

"Seems like you are fine to me. I better leave you to your nemesis." He groaned out like he just realized it was useless to have even started speaking to me.

I sighed and turned on my other side, signalling for him to leave. I just wasn't in the mood to speak to him.

Carter groaned again. The chair he was sitting on dragged along the floor and I realized he was leaving. Better !  At least I could have a moment of peace before leaving this comfort of a bed.

"The nurse said I better not leave" I heard him say before hearing him settling into a chair close to me.

Liar ! I said within me. The nurse hadn't said anything of such. He had insulted her and she had left angrily. Suddenly, the white wall  I was facing seemed more fascinating to me.

It seems more shiny like it had been doused in a bucket of glitter. When had this ha-

"Are you listening ?" His voice cut through my thoughts.

Why couldn't he just go his own way and leave me the hell alone? He has always been my arch nemesis right from middle school. I hated him right to the core.

If it were even possible I'd cut out his intestines, shove one length into his nostril and the other end up his ass. Graphic right ?  I just needed that effect to show just how much I hate him.

"Hey, are you really here? Back to earth, kiddo"

I turned in his direction, to find his stupid, perfect contoured face a few inches from mine. I glared at him, making sure my eyebrows drew down the lowest it could and my eyes hot as furnance.

He jumped right back with surprise.

"Don't call me kiddo. Who the hell do you think you are?"

"Who doesn't know me? I am Carter Clane, the hottest guy in school whom every girl worships and adores, the perfect guy with everything found under the sky.....you see"

Oh my goodness!!! I can't actually contain this any longer. I mean,have you ever heard of such. You, know..... Someone bragging this much! Oh ha ha..... I can't contain my laughter any longer, so I burst out laughing.