Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ②

Start from the beginning

Liam takes a deep breath then turns to Zayn. "I guess we're going back then"

🌟

"The German are keeping our south borders safe from the French in exchange of our army spreading alongside their south-west borders" The king starts. "Their borders are safe for now since the French army is apparently launching towards us" he inhales sharply. "It appears that we are the one in need" he spits through gritted teeth.

"If they heard about their precious daughter's death, they'll abandon us" The queen sighs and turns to Zayn. He and Harry along with her and the king were gathered at the king's room after being informed of what is happening. "You must be very lucky. A bastard being treated like a royal ... Won't be surprised if you planned your sister's death yourself"

"She was my sister! I would never put her life behind some meaningless treatment!" Zayn hisses back.

The queen doesn't look impressed but she doesn't speak up again. This time the king does, "Our only option is to keep this little play for a longer while-"

"Until you don't need me" Zayn interrupts shaking his head, "You want to rule over three countries, I know your intentions ... But my country won't fall to you" he says calmly staring into the king's eyes.

The king smirks, "Maybe not to me, but soon it'll be under the English's control" he turns to Harry then back to Zayn, "Enjoy your staying ... Princess" Zayn grits his teeth but Harry pulls him back.

"He's right. Let's just go" he whispers to his ear but Zayn pulls his arm away harshly.

"I won't allow you to have any action against my country-"

"You're a bastard!" The king raises his voice interrupting him, "Your sister's name is the one being put on every contract. Her face is the one people see. You're nothing"

"Father-" Harry tries.

"You might be the king of England, but you still need my help to remain one" Zayn counters. "Names and faces are deceiving. Power is all that matters. Royal blood or not, it just falls in the hands of who manages to gather it" Zayn smirks.

The king stares into him for a minute before leaning back, straightening himself. "Got yourself a cunning bride, son" he says still looking at Zayn, "Be careful, honey. It's not an easy game"

Zayn doesn't change his smirk wiggling his eyebrows once before he turns and walks past Harry.

"Oh dear. No one is greedier to have power than someone who had a sip of its cup and eager to have more" The queen says after Zayn is gone, Harry following suit, then turns to the king. "Stop him before he's a pain in the ass. Someone inside the court that we can't control isn't in our favor"

🌟

"I'm sorry if my parents insulted you in any way-"

"You needn't" Zayn cuts him off.

"I do." Harry stops in front of Zayn, "I don't believe that titles is what defines you. And you were just stepping up for your country, and yourself, which is nothing wrong with ... I mean, it must be hard for you to be a girl everyday, but you do it. And you're saving too many lives by doing so. I actually admire your stand"

Zayn narrows his eyes, "You're being forced to marry another man, based on my actions. Harry, I know you must have grown to resent me by now" Harry opens his mouth but Zayn quickly adds, "You didn't want me here. You don't. And I understand" he turns to leave but Harry stops him again.

"I don't resent you ... I decided to send you away, because I didn't want to risk you being exposed. That would've led to another war-"

"Which confirms my statement" Zayn cuts him off again.