Chapter 33: Painful goodbye

Start from the beginning

         "I was there with you guys. I---I have the power to-------" lo and behold, she wasn't able to finish her statement as screams and shouts rang in the air as Antoinette and Cyan quickly proceeded to jump in front of the humans for protection as the others were frozen in their places.

        With wide eyes, I stared at what was before me, I could hear screams as my mind tried to process what happened. I heard screams of outrage around me and cries as everything seemed to move in slow motion.

          "Harumi!!! /Reyna!!!!" The other rankers attacked all at once, I included as I watched how the demon pulled a sword with a red blade that pierced through Reyna and Harumi and stabbed them both again before laughing evilly and jumping backward as he created a barrier around him that was able to with stand all of our combined attacks, his wicked laugh still continuing.

         "Oooops. I only hoped to kill the girl with the ability to peek on the future, ahhh, He doesn't have any use of the other girl anyway so I guess it's fine." The demon was clearly speaking to himself but we could all hear it anyway and our anger only grew more.
--------

        Third person's Pov

     Everyone knew that facing the demon was a huge mistake because of the difference in power but they did anyway, not after witnessing the demon stab their friend in front of them.

          "Harumi!!!! Reyna!!!!" Rex, Shingu, Violet, Muriel and a male teenager all rushed up to the two who fell to the ground, a puddle of red already forming around them as they panted for their breaths.

        "Rex! Heal them!" The first ranker's command was heard but the second ranker didn't need to be told, he was already kneeling beside the two, green light coming out of his hands when Harumi rasped out and held his hand.

          "It's no use. The sword has a cursed blade." The green haired lady said and coughed out blood as Shingu and Rex cursed under their breaths, they all knew too well that nothing can heal a cursed blade.

         Rex knew that but he shook his head and determinedly kept on his deed, trying to heal them but no progress appeared.

         Violet and Muriel were already crying then, and so was the male human teenager as he held Reyna's hand tightly.

          Shingu had his teeth gritted as he spoke in a low tone.

          "You can't die yet Harumi. Not this way." The prince firmly stated but the green haired girl only shook her head, a small smile on her lips as she locked her eyes on golden orbs.

         "I-I'm destined to die in a few days. There's no difference." She said in a weak tone, barely holding on as black spots danced in her eyes. Honestly, she didn't want things to end like this and yet... She was contented... Contented that she was able to live after being deprived of life in her past life. She thanked God then.

        "There is a difference! We're supposed to have a good time first at least before you leave us! You're being unfair! You never told us and now that we know then you're suddenly leaving us!" Violet screamed as tears fell down her face.

          Harumi smiled once again, but this time. Tears streamed down from her eyes as she looked at her friends. They were so kind. They were the ones that made my short life fun and so happy. I'm contented with that.

          "I'm sorry." She said softly as Violet shook her head and cried more as she held her dying friend's hand to her cheeks.

        Mean while, the others were all angrily trying to break the barrier open, owned by an SS class demon, but even with the first ranker's power, they weren't able to as the demon inside watched in amusement as he stood inside, his cursed sword over his shoulder.