Chapter 7

"Okay, so you and Caleb are family?"

"Well... he's my cousin. But don't worry I don't talk to him much."

"Why not?"

"Cause he's always picking on me for small stuff." Tasha goes trough her books again, trying to find some sort of picture. "See?"

She hands me this small picture were a young toothless Tasha clings on her frowny faced cousin.

He could at least smile

"This is pure gold. Please post this on insta." I say looking again to the picture.

When my classes finnished I went to my dorm and I found Tasha studying. I told her about the daddy and she started laughing, then she hugged me and told me Caleb "the daddy" Malik, is her cousin.

"No. I don't have any kind of social networks. I prefer real life conversations with real people." She sounds just like Sam.

Maybe they would be a great couple...

Oh wait, Sam plays the same team as I do, so... sorry Tasha, I'll help you find a really nice guy who isn't playing in the bananas field. Fyi Sam is gay.

"I need to study. You should to." She takes the picture from my hand and keeps it on her drawer.

Our room is always cleaned. It annoys me a bit, but Tasha is just like my mom. A control freak. And it includes having our room tidy and smelling like a pumpkin candle all the time.

"It's our first year in college. You need to get out, meet new people, make some mistakes, have a bunch of drinks", I start and I lay down on my bed and continue my poetry.

"Get high, and then repeat the cicle."

"Wow, your parents must be proud." My roommate takes her books and puts it back on her bag.

I make a small comment about it and walkto the closet.

I take my blonde locks and pin them up in a ponytail. I'm so fucking tired but I have this dinner I need to attend at my grandparents house.

Everybody that is anybody in WSU is going to be there, so I have to be presentable.

I take a beautiful brown dress from the stool and I stare at it.

"Are you going to take that one?" The brown haired girl asks me while taking a pair of heels from her side of the closet. "Cause if you are, you need to take these."

"I guess I have no other choice." As much as I hate dresses I need to wear one tonight. I don't think showing up with ripped jeans and a tank top would be a great idea.

It would be fun to see the reactions but I don't want to blur my image in front of the important people.

"I'm going to take a bath and then I'll dry my hair and do my make up... Are you sure you don't wanna come?" I ask her, again, hoping she would say yes, but she doesn't.

Addy will probably take Mark, and they are going to disappear to upstairs. And I'll be left alone.

I just hope someone interesting shows up tonight. Otherwise is going to be a boring, boring night.

***

"Oh Emery, you look lovely." Granny Karen opens the door for me and I can see that the house is full tonight.

"Thanks Granny. Where's grandpa Ken?" I search for him and I can't find any traces of Ken's grey hair.

"He's watching football in the living room. You know how he is..." Karen continues to greet all of the guests, making sure they have everything they need and that they are enjoying the party.

"Go mets!" I yell as I walk in the living room.

"Hello sweetie." Grandpa greets me with a huge smile and a small hug.

"You have the beauty of your mother and the temper of your father. I really don't know how Tessa does it." He hugs me one more time and we sit in the couch.

"Are we winning?" I look to the screen of the big Samsung television and there are many men focused on the tiny players passing the ball around.

"Well, we're winning, and sweetie, the Mets are a baseball team, not a football one." He smiles and takes his glass of water to his mouth.

"Emery!" I hear someone calling me and when I look for the person, I see Abby with a huge grin on her face.

"Abby!" I jump from my spot in the couch and ran to her.

I have been watching football for ten minutes and I'm sick of hearing old men screaming at the poor television.

"Oh I missed you so much Emmy." My favourite aunt hugs me and I start laughing.

"I thought you were in Egypt. And where's Amar?" I look around and I can't seem to find her boyfriend.

Aunt Abby has been working in Egypt for over an year. She is an Archeologist and her boyfriend Amar is the owner of some of the most important art galleries in the world.

"He is somewhere. I think I lost him the minute I entered this house." She makes a funny face and pulls me to the kitchen, where some garçons are preparing plates with food.

"So tell me... how's college?" She opens a bottle of wine and poors me me a drink.

"Great." We click our glasses and drink our wine. With Abby you can do pretty much everything, she's like an older, cool sister and she's awesome.

I make a quick recap of everythingthat has happened, including the night I met "the daddy"

"Poor guy. Emery why did you punch him?" Abby is laughing so hard I swear she is about to have wine coming out of her nose.

"Of only I knew..." I take another sip and when I look to my left I see Addy storming in the kitchen.

"Em, you won't believe who I just saw." She points to Caleb who is greeting my grandfather.

"Oh god. This night is going to be amazing. Girls I have to find Amar. Have fun tormenting the daddy Emmy." Abby gives a quick hug to Addy and leaves us alone.

"Do you want to go there?" Addy asks with a suspicious smile.

"Do you love Mark?" I ask and we start walking to where my beloved friend is standing.

"Oh! Hello girls." Ken introduces us to Caleb whose face is now twisted into a frowny face.

"This is Caleb Malik, the football team captain. Caleb these are my granddaughters, Emery and Addy."

"Nice to meet you Caleb" Addy shakes hands with him and when it is my turn I decide to make a pertinent question.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you get that?" I ask and knowing he wouldn't say I did it in front of the college dean, who happens to be my granfather.

"The trainings can sometimes be kind of hard." He says with a huge fake smile.

"Well it's football." Ken slaps him in the back a few times and granny calls everyone to the table.

"Please, Caleb, sit beside me, I would love to hear more about our team captain." I say and share a quick look with Addy and Abby who are containing their laughs.

"Yes. Great idea sweethart. Sit beside is son." Ken points to the empty chair beside me and himself.

"This is going to be a great night. Don't you think... Caleb?" I smileand then move a little closer to him.

(Author's note: Hello everyone! First things first, I would like to thank each and every single one of you for voting and commening my story. I just wanted to say that I love reading your comments and your opinions *slaps myself for being repetitive* I'm thinking on adding cast to this story, but I wanted to know who do you think that would fit the characters description. Love you all and see you in the next chapter. Xoxo Miriam)