my beginning

That's me

That's me. Shira, just with rounded ears and a skinnier tail. (now that's what cub shira looks like)

I open my eyes, the smell of milk clouding my newly functioned nose. I let out a high pitched mew at the dark stuffy feeling of the thing I'm in. A deep chuckle is heard and I turn my head in its direction letting out another mew as I clamber and crawl towards it.

With my first step I bump into another furry form and whine softly when it let's out a startled hiss. I clumsily back up but fall forwards when my behind backs into yet another form. Face full of dirt I start to cry and whine as it stings my eyes.

As I whine the other furry forms start to join in and we all erupt in a soft chorus of mews and whines. A soft and deep chuckle surfaces around us and I grow scared making my cries louder.

I quickly silence them when I hear things thump on the dirt gradually making its way over. The other furs continue mewling, "Now what is with all this ruckus!?" A old sound declares. I slowly  turn in its direction but stumble backwards when a rough dry bendy thing laps up at my face. "RAWGR!!" I screech as I flatten myself to the dirt and place my thingies on my head to cover it.

The old thing rumbles softly as I'm swept up off the ground and into something warm. I struggle for a while, no longer smelling the milk making me whine some more.

"Look at this tiny ankle biter.. you gave them names right." I kneed at the fuzz and rough and tough skin and attempt to naw at it but my tiny mouth can't fit around the thing.

"Her name is Shira (shear- uh). Then there is Nona (no-n-uh), and their brother, Baara (bar- uh)." The soft sweet sound says. Just listening to it makes me feel calm and happy. The deep sound rumbles happily and the old thing gives me another lap to the face making me hiss irritably. the old thing chuckles and says, "I like this one." The deep sound groans and states softly, "you cant pick a favorite you don't even know what they act like."

The old thing huffs out air, the force making the things on my head flatten. "I know how she'll act. She will be respectful, kind, tough, and smart." The soft voice chuckles tiredly and says, "she will be herself dad. You can't change that."

The old thing laughs and counters loudly, "but you imprint on them so I'll imprint,... uhh respectfulness... and.. everything else I said, onto her."

I wince and give a loud, long whine as the things on my head sting. I take a shaky crawl back and slip off of whatever I was on. A mewl of terror escapes me as I fall down and land on yet another soft, fuzzy, and yet rough thing.

A growl erupts from the deep sound and he snaps softly, "keep your voice down and be more careful." I let out a mewl as I wonder what that thing 'voice' was. "Vos." It goes quiet as I start to chant the new sound.

The soft sound mews happily and I pause in my chants as I'm moved around till the dirt reaches my things. "Vos Vos .. vos.. voss.." I start going quiet as the scent of milk floods me again and I smash my face into the scent shifting it around till I find the thing I'm looking for and start to suckle.

Nothing matters other than the feeling of the milk and the taste and smell. But sooner than I thought I end up falling asleep. The last thing I hear is the soft sound, "my cubs... my, sweet, sweet little cubs."