07

chapter 7 "fluorescent bruises & glass palms"

i'm outside and i'm enjoying it.

it's a weird feeling and i think it has to deal with how positive you were when i told you about my past.

as cliche as it sounds, i actually do feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders. like in books how they say they feel so light after they did something they wanted to get out for a while.

you were the first person willing to listen to my side of the story instead of her's. they always believed her story even though it was obvious that she was lying to them.

oh, i can't wait to have more days when I'm like this. being happy, you know.

it's weird feeling that i'm experiencing right now and i'm not very used to it, but it certainly is better than being sad.

-al

LEAST to say, Alex was enjoying his time being in the town for most of the day.

You should've seen his mother. She was making breakfast when she thought she heard some shuffling occurring from the stairs. She stopped and walked over to the stairs to see that her son was putting on his combat shoes.

"Al? What you doing, sweetie?" She asked her voice concerned.

"Mum, I feel like going out into town today," he said shyly. He flashed a smile and stood up from the place he was sitting. He grabbed his notebook and a pen that was resting on the coffee table that was in the living room and began to head towards the door.

"R-really?" She couldn't help but to stutter. She covered her mouth and laughed a bit. Not in a rude matter, of course, like in amazement.

He nodded. "Well, be safe, alright?" She said quickly as she walked up to him and gave him a small peck on his cheek, forever wishing that Miles will someday do the same.

He blushed at the thought and slightly pushed his mother off of him.

He waved her goodbye as he opened up the door and walked out, a small gust of wind and small raindrops had been thrown at his face. He missed the feeling of the rain on the exposed parts of his skin and feeling the cool breeze of late autumn.

He smiled to himself. He feels like he is going to have a good day.

He began to walk further away from his house while he was holding himself and the notebook tight.

In a matter of minutes, he was in town. He could tell by the shops surrounding him and the clutter of people out today. Their cheeks were rosy and they had displayed a merry smile. He loved the sight of it.

He wants to feel that happy one day. But for right now, he's okay. He doesn't know what he is feeling, but it certainly isn't hate or sadness for once.

Alex randomly smiled to himself. He finally feels like he is being slowly pulled out of being in a depressed state. It's all because of him. Miles.

Oh Miles. What a great addition he was in Alex's life. He's done so much by being here for such a short time. It had been a week and a half since Alex had been invited to his house. They barely wrote any lyrics because they weren't inspired yet.