05

chapter 5 "it reminds me of you"

ALEX has been crouching down on the floor for quite some time, which made Miles a bit concerned for him.

"You okay?"

Alex suddenly stood up too fast, sending him to fall back and to land on the bed behind him. Miles could now see how puffy his eyes became and how harshly stained his cheeks were. It was like if people had smacked him rubies, the rich red color coming off the precious gemstone and is now coloring his cheeks.

"Alex," Miles said quietly as he approached the bed and sat down next to him.

"Fuck you," Alex simply said as he stood up from the now wrinkled bed and began to walk towards the door.

Confused, Miles quickly stood up and made his way to the door so that he could prevent Alex from leaving. This was going to be the only time Alex was going to be here and he's not letting him go so easily.

"What did I do?" Miles spoke as he spread out his arms to cover the door as his back was touching the cold, brass metal door knob.

"You moved into Johanna's house, you fuckin' dick!"

"Who's Johanna?"

Alex at this point had collapsed onto the floor. He's having another breakdown about this girl. He just wants to get over her and what she's done to him to get him into this state.

The state of being a fucking mess.

"Alex, how was I supposed to know! They left before we came and bought this place," Miles was now getting worked up. He huffed and looked down at him with glint in his eyes. Now he is truly experiencing baby blue's wrath.

"You're overreacting," he whispered softly.

Before he was restrained and calm with Miles in sight. He barely made any smart remarks like everybody claimed he does. He thought everyone was just misunderstanding him.

It was scary how quickly he has changed from a quiet kid to a disastrous sobbing mess on Miles' bedroom floor.

Or apparently Johanna's old bedroom floor.

"Why does it matter if I moved into her house?"

"Because I will remember her whenever I come back here."

"Who said you were planning to come back to my bed?" Miles asked puzzled.

Alex took a while to process the words that had come out of his mouth, but once he finally got what he said he wanted to hide.

Alex tried to say something to cover up what he had said, but it was no use as all that would come out was just stutters and small sobs.

"I fucked up," Alex whispered to himself as he covered his eyes with the palms of his hands.

"It was a mistake to come here," he mumbled to himself, hoping that Miles couldn't understand what he was saying. Oh how he was wrong.

Once the words left his mouth, Miles backed off from the door and came to give Alex a hug, even though Alex was trying his best to squirm his way out of his lanky arms. He gave in as he was hopelessly trapped in his arms with no plans to escape soon.

Alex kept crying but he found a safe place in the crook of Miles' neck. The tears had transferred onto his neck, making the sides wet and fall down to his exposed collarbones that were peeking out from underneath his crimson sweatshirt.

"Shh, Al," he whispered in his ear as he put a lock of his brown hair behind it. Alex nodded but still continued to cry. It was nearly impossible for him to stop crying. These sessions last for a few hours. And even whenever he does stop crying, he'll remind himself of what he had done wrong to make the tears fall again.

"What a fucking cry baby!" Her voice rang out to him, making him cry even harder than before. His head was booming and soon he would drown in a puddle filled with his salty tears. Then everything will fade and return back to normal.

"You are bug bites on vacation, you find the sad in everything," Miles sang to him as he intertwined his long pale fingers in his greasy long hair that smells of vanilla and smoke.

"Can't see you cry,
You're down the street.
I wonder when you'll talk to me."

Alex was frozen at the spot. What was he doing? Why was he singing? Why are the lyrics so personal sounding? Why does his singing voice sound so hypnotizing? Sounds so soft yet loud at the same time. Alex let out a shaky breath as Miles blushed from the contact made on his neck.

Miles continued to sing to him, close minded about what he might think of him later on.

"Your eyes reflect the greenish moon.
You move towards me and I love you."

I love you, I love you."

Miles had finally finished singing, leaving Alex a blushing mess.

Does he actually love me, or is it a part of the song?

I hope the first part is true.

"Sorry," Miles awkwardly laughed, "I guess I got carried away with that."

"Okay, but why?"

"Singing calms everyone down, I suppose. I remember when my mum used to sing me Hey Jude whenever I was crying my head off, and it worked."

"And the song, it reminds of you in a way, just seemed appropriate to sing it to you now."

"How so?"

Miles blushed and looked down at his feet.

"The slow beat and the simple lyrics with a strong meaning behind them just remind of you somehow. You look like an average boy but I know you have a complex story as to why you are who you are now. Everyone has a story, as cliché as that sounds, just that yours happens to be more interesting I suppose."

Alex was the one blushing now. Miles thinks about him. At least he now knows somebody who didn't think of him in a negative way.

Miles gestured towards the bed so that the two could sit down and just do whatever they please.

"So, tell me why you were crying."

song miles was singing:
outside with the cuties by frankie cosmos