Chapter Thirteen.

The weeks seemed to pass more slower than ever. Skye was slowly being driven mad by the silences that filled the air when Jaehyun and Chittaphon were near each other.

She was very confused, to say the least. She didn't understand why Jaehyun and Chittaphon wouldn't speak to each other, or why Jaehyun was being more touchy the usual. She thought whether it was because they had shared a kiss, and if he was being more romantic for that reason; but she had an incline that it had something to do with the awkward silences between Jaehyun and Chittaphon.

Skye knew that they would soon have to talk, however, as the Hallowe'en party that everyone had been talking about was just a day away.

"Chittaphon, do you still want to go to that Hallowe'en party?" Skye asked one afternoon as they sat in the library looking up chemistry notes. Jaehyun was sat very close to her and had her hand enclosed tightly in his own. Chittaphon spoke in a strained voice.

"Yeah, if you go," He answered, taking note of the glare Jaehyun had given him. Skye also noticed (probably due to the fact Jaehyun squeezed her hand tighter at the same time), but chose not to say anything.

"I thought about it, and I've decided I will go. The only problem is I don't have a Hallowe'en costume," She stated, looking at the other two for suggestions.

"Just put some cat ears on and go in your underwear like every other girl," Jaehyun commented. Skye frowned, slightly annoyed at his answer. Jaehyun must have noticed, for he said "I'm joking, Skye. I don't have a costume either, why don't we both go shopping for some?"

Chittaphon thought Jaehyun had clearly said 'both' on purpose, hoping for only him and Skye to go by themselves. Skye, of course, had other ideas.

"Yeah, that sounds good. You coming, Chittaphon?" Skye asked in a hopeful voice. Of course he was.

"Yes-"

"You don't have to come if you don't want to. Don't feel like you need to come, Ten," Jaehyun interrupted him. Chittaphon wasn't surprised that he was trying to put him off going, but Jaehyun had to remember that Skye was also Chittaphon's best friend.

"I need a costume too," Chittaphon replied.

"Well, the party is tomorrow, so we better go later," Skye said quickly, feeling the tension slowly building. Chittaphon and Jaehyun nodded silently in agreement. Skye sat in silence, confused. "OK then," she said quietly. They stayed sat in silence until the final bell rang, signalling they could leave. Skye was relieved to finally hear some noise when she had left the library, the silence Jaehyun and Chittaphon created being almost unbearable.

Skye arrived home a few hours later with a Devil themed Hallowe'en costume; that being a sparkly red dress with a matching horned headband. She had left Jaehyun and Chittaphon on the bus, both of them also possessing their own costumes. Jaehyun had settled for a Joker costume, Chittaphon a vampire. They had talked more when they were out shopping than when they were in the library, much to Skye's relief. Of course she was confused, but she didn't want to ask any questions in fear of causing an unwanted argument. She went to bed that night thinking of possible reasons for their feud, the thought of her being the reason swimming around her mind as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

*

"We'll pick you up at seven, okay?" Chittaphon told Skye as they were leaving school the next day. Skye nodded and let go of Jaehyun's hand as they parted ways to walk in the direction of their houses.

Chittaphon had given it some thought and had decided that he would try to not mind Jaehyun and Skye showing affection to each other. He thought that as long as Skye was happy, then he was happy. He also rather reluctantly admitted to himself that Jaehyun was still his best friend, and that as long as he was happy, Chittaphon could manage.