Chapter Four; Sand Vs Leaf! The Battle in the Rain!

Sorry about that cliff hanger, I just had to do it. xD

Now, on to the battle!!!

Who will win? Team Gaara or Team Phoenix?

Read on to find out!!

Please comment and vote, my lovelies! ^^

I would really appreciate some feed back. (:

Phoenixlet out a battle cry as her sword came slamming down on a sand barricade Gaara created. Growling, she slashed viciously at the sand, causing Gaara to have to move backwards to avoid being hit by the blade each time it penetrated his barrier. Making hand signals, Gaara sent sand flying atPhoenixat a rapid speed.

Quickly doing several hand signals,Phoenixbegan to spin in a circle, creating a cyclone of fire and rose petals. Staring wide eyed, Gaara continued to send attack after attack towards her. Only when Temari sent a blast of wind atPhoenixdid she stop. Stopping slowly from spinning,Phoenixfaced Gaara, determination in her eyes.

Running at him, she raised her sword and struck down, hitting only sand. “You can’t hide behind that sand forever!” She growled, pushing against the barrier. Doing a few back flips, she stood and faced Gaara. Glancing around at her teammates, she could tell they were having a difficult time facing Temari and Kankorou. Several cuts already rested on her team, making her eyes flash dangerously as she put her sword up.

“You asked for it, Gaara.” She said, removing her mothers fan from her back. Opening it with an easy flick, she spun it above her head, creating a whirl wind of arctic air. Slashing it through the air, she sent it flying at Gaara who in turn put up another sand barrier. Even with a thick barrier like he did, shards of ice from the cold winds broke through, cutting him up a bit.

Glaring at her, Gaara looked at her as she now stood on top of his barrier only to be surprised by what he saw.Phoenix’s eyes surprised him, along with her teeth. Her eyes were silver and yet they weren’t. They were gold, but they weren’t. It was as if it changed between both colors and they looked slanted and cat like. And her teeth were pointed, like canines. What in the world was she?

Distracted by this, which he found somewhat hypnotizing, he realized too late that his barrier was weakening and before he could jump back,Phoenixalready had him pinned to the ground. Leaning forward with a growl,Phoenixlooked into Gaara’s eyes with a glare so deadly it made him freeze. “I suggest you back off of me and my team.” She said with an equally deadly tone.

“I don’t appreciate others hurting me or my friends. So, you better back off before I make you back off.” She said, gripping his shirt tightly. Gaara just stared at her and they stayed like that for what seemed like forever. That was until a scream filled the air, making everyone turn towards the scream. A ninja in all black had the girl they were to be protecting thrown over his shoulder.

Eyes glowing with fury,Phoenixran after him, but was stopped by a few guys in black coats with red clouds all over they. Skidding to a stop, she glared at them, getting ready to attack, but was held by two others who appeared behind her. Screaming with fury, she pulled on them and sent them flying towards the others. Staring in shock, the males in the black coats watched asPhoenixdisappeared in a flash.

She knew it was bad leaving her team alone like that, but Kakashi was there and she was sure they would be able to hold out until she got back. Running faster than she ever remembered, she charged at the ninja who took the little girl. Speeding up even more, she made hand signs and sent a wave of chakra at him, making him fall forward. Rushing forward, she grabbed a hold of the girl before she hit the ground.