Chapter Two; Sakura vs. Phoenix.

Alright, so here is the deal. This is the second chapter and I am going let everyone know that I won’t be posting the next chapter until I get at least five votes for this one.

Not too much to ask for, yes? ^^

I am so glad everyone likes the story so far. I’m doing my best to get as much in as possible. Lol.

ANYWAY!! I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I do! xD Oh, and sorry if it get's confusing. It's just my way of adding suspense!! :D

Hello there, Phoenix… A dark and eerie, yet so familiar voice said. Gasping some,Phoenix looked around the dark room. This was a dream. It had to be. Nothing around her looked familiar. Even though it was dark, somehow she could still see the things in the room. It looked old, like a dungeon of sorts.

“Who’s there?”Phoenixcalled out, looking around more. She knew it was a dream because if it wasn’t, her voice would be different. The sternness and authority in her voice was someone of an age much older than her, she could tell.

How sad, little one.. You have no idea the power that rests inside you, do you? The voice said. Trying to move,Phoenix realized she was chained to the floor. The chains rattled as she pulled at them, trying to break free. She looked around again, frantic but still strong.

“Who are you?” She asked in a strong tone. Still scared, she did her best to hide it as a dark laugh filled the air, one that made even her shiver. Dark eyes the color of an eternal, hellish fire appeared in front ofPhoenix, making her freeze up with fear.

My dear girl, you honestly don’t know? The voice said mockingly. I am you. The darker side of you, that is. You can’t stop what’s coming. By this time on your birthday, you will see what I mean.. You can’t stop it. You never could. The demon that rests inside you, your other half, will be set free.

Only with the one who truly is for you can it be stopped. The voice said, amusement thick in its voice. Laughing, the eyes disappeared, leavingPhoenix in complete darkness once more. It’s words confused her. What was it talking about? Hearing something, she turned quickly and let out a scream as something came flying at her.

Waking with a start,Phoenixsat up in her bed quickly, breathing heavily. Sighing, she ran her fingers through her hair and sat up against her head board. Looking towards the window, she saw the sun just rising up over the horizon. Groaning inwardly, she knew that mean only one thing.

The door flew open just in time as Guy came rushing in with his usual self. She was told to live with him for the time being, but she didn’t know he would be this obnoxious. “WAKE UP AND LET THE POWER OF YOUTH ENERGIZE YOU!!” He said, jumping at her to give her a hug. Sending him a death glare, Guy stopped and whimpered some. “Why do you hate me?” He said dramatically.

Rubbing her temples some,Phoenixsighed in frustration. “I don’t hate you, Guy-Sensai, I just find it highly annoying that you have to wake me up like that.” She replied, looking at him. Getting up, she straightened out her night gown and walks over to him. Placing a hand on his arm lightly, she looked up at him.

“Try waking up someone with a simple good morning, ok?” She said. Her voice remained emotionless, but her meaning was clear. “Now, get out and go make breakfast or something. A girl needs some privacy when changing.” She said, turning and walking to her clothes. Glancing at the door, she saw that he actually listened to her.

Frowning, she shook her head and returned to getting dressed for the day. She had quite a day ahead of her, she knew. After a good breakfast, she would be heading out to the front gate of the village. Upon arriving down stairs, she saw her breakfast already made, but Guy was gone. Confused, but hungry, she sat down and ate her breakfast and cleaned up before putting her coat on and heading for the front door.