Chapter 14:Liam

"So you're meeting today?"
I hear conformation in the other end of the line.
"Ok what ever happens, keep me updated on everything" I say and hung up.

So he met her today and they talked, I must know what they talked about.
If he continues this up, I think I might just have the chance I'm waiting to get.

I get to work trying to finish the case I had in hand. But soon after I get a message from Mr.harris; saying to meet in 45 minutes at his office.
I revert my focus on work again.
And Right on time I get up and head to the meeting.
I knock.
"Come in"
"Hello Mr.harris how are you today?"
"Sit down"
I've always looked up to Mr.harris and Nicholas as my family. He took care of me and my mother when we had no one. My mother used to work as a house keeper in his house even before his wife's death.

"I have some things I needed to talk to you about" he says and pauses for a bit "I need you to keep this a secret, not even Nicholas should know until I tell him myself"
I nod wit my head. This sounds serious.
"I need him to get married to the girl he's seeing, she comes from a family with great name and that my friend is a great business not only for the time being but for the future as well" I listen and continue looking at him, trying not to miss any detail he says.
"bringing up the business  therefor your share will be up as well"
"My share?" I ask confused.

"Yes, Here's the catch, I need you to make that wedding happen and keep what I just told you a secret, you'll know everything else soon"
That was my que to leave right there.
So I nod and assure him I'll do my best and leave ever so confused than I did coming in.

I have a feeling in me that what I thought all along is in fact true.
And that what my mother told me must mean what I thought.
And that all of this makes sense...
Should I keep up with the plan I set?
I sent Ben and Lily to get to know the girl there and keep an eye on this family because I care about this firm, even before knowing I had a share in it.
Nicholas might disregards some big things, and I have to be around to make sure everything is going as planned. Always.

I need for Nicholas to get married and not ruin this for the both of us.
This is the new plan now.
He did date Delilah with his own will after all, I'm just keeping him on track here.
I get to my office and think of everything I have to do in order to keep everything going.

I call him.
"hi man! How's paris?"I say that in my best French accent attempt.
"Stressful is all I can say" he says with a sigh.
"I met someone..." then he pauses.
Oh no...
"I thought you have a girlfriend?" I ask confused.

"It's her... I've been looking for her and I find her now and like this?" He keeps explaining, this is not what I expected to hear nor do I want to hear it.

"Do you mean the girl you've been looking for?"
"Yes, it's her and she's Delilah's sister and I might've offered her a project to work on with me"
"Man, what are you doing?" I say.
"I get what I want, and I want to know her this time, I don't want to lose this chance again"

"I hate to break this to you, but you're with her sister and you'll mess up everything" I say again.
"She doesn't know who I am" Nicholas says.
"what do you mean?"
"I mean she only knows that I'm her Ex-boss, I guess she never knew who I was that night, which mean I still have another chance with her"
This guy must be crazy.
"You kinda already ruined your chances with her, you're dating her sister"
"Of course, but she's not her real sister and I'm me, how long could she contain herself from me? " but I could feel he meant the opposite.
"You're playing with fire"
"I got this"
"You will not ruin your situation with Delilah, you hear me?" I warn him.
"Of course not" he says and I could feel the smirk on his face.
We hung up at the same time.

I need to come up with a plan.
But for now I'll just wait and see.
•••••••••••••••••••••••

So what do you guys think about Liam ?
Hope you like the chapter ❤️
Please don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT !
Thanks