"Should we just wing it?" I asked, relaizing we didn't even practice.

"Cal you don't need a guitar," Michael laughed. "There's only one in this song."

"Well then why did I bring this!" Calum said, placing his guitar on the floor. We all laughed and I walked over to the computer to start recordning.

"This tape will be worth millions one day." I joked.

"Sure." Calum chuckled. I pressed record, and walked back over to my box. This is the first time we've ever done a cover as a full band, and I felt a little nervous. Even though I'm doing this with no one else but my best friends, it was a feeling I wasn't used to. 

We were all silent, as the counting seconds went by on the webcam. I looked down at Michael, who's eyes were darting back to Calum and I, his facial exression saying "SAY SOMETHING." I shot him one back, as if to say "YOU SAY SOMETHING."

"Um- Hi," Michael stuttered, looking back over to the camera. "We're uh, 5 Seconds of Summer...?" He looked back up at me, I nodded in approval. "And uh, this is 'Give Me Love' By Ed Sheeran."

Luckily, this song is fucking brilliant and I know every beat to it. Michael started off first, playing the inro which is just guitar. About 20 seconds went in, the verse started. I hit my hands against my box, tapping my feet to the beat as well. 

"Give me love, like her..." Calum sang. "...Cause lately I've been waking up alone..."

The song sounded pretty good so far. We were all in rhythm, with only a couple messups in chords or beats every now and then.

"And that I'll fight my corner," Michael went in at the pre-chorus. "And that tonight I'll call you, after my blood is drowing in alcohol."

The pre-chorus sounded kind of empty, I almost wanted to stop playing and tell them to sing it together, but I didn't want to re-do the whole thing because my beat was on a roll right now. I let Michael finish the pre-chorus, and then all of our voices came in at once. 

"Give a little time to me," we all sang. I felt my face shrunch up at the sound of the music. "We'll burn this out-"

"Okay wait," I said, ceasing my beat. Calum and Michael stopped as well, and I could tell we're all thinking the same thing. "Where do you think we're at right now?"

"I'd say like, a 75%." Calum replied. Michael nodded and groaned. 

"We're missing something." He said.

"Yeah, you're right." I said with a sigh. "Fuck, what is it?"

"Lead singer?" Michael said. 

"We don't need a lead singer," Calum replied. "It would probably help, though."

" A deeper voice would be swell." I said, we all nodded.

"What are we gonna do?" Michael asked. I shook  my head. 

"I don't know," I replied. "But it needs to be quick, I'm not going to college."

"Well now its really gonna be worth millions of dollars one day." Calum said as he turned the camera off.

I was about to say something not really important, but I heard my phone vibrate on the couch next to us. My heart leaped up, because I thought it was Brooke.

"Oooooh, is that your girlfriend?" Calum chuckled. I rolled my eyes and got up to answer the phone.

"Nah," I joked. "Its yours."

"Fuckin buuuuurned." Michael laughed.

"That was a good one." Calum mumbled. I looked down at my phone, and didn't recognize the number at all. But,  reluctantly pressed "send" and put the device up to my ear.

"Hello?" I sad. 

Turns out, it was the fucking record shop and they wanted to do an interview with me! My eyes widened as I stared at nothing in particular, listening to the guy on the other line. I agreed to go over to the shop right now to do it, because they said they needed me ASAP. 

I said thank you, and hung up the phone.

"That didn't sound like it was your girlfriend." Calum said.

"It was the record shop," I replied happily. "I got an interview."

"Is this all for an apartment?" Michael asked. I could tell he instantly wanted to take his words back. "Well, yeah, I get it."

I didn't pay attention to whatever Calum said next, because I rushed into the bathroom, fixing my messy hair. I rushed into Michael's room and sprayed his axe on my body, smoothing out the wrinkles on my shirt. I tied my shoes and walked back out.

"Wow you're a whole new person." Calum laughed. I grabbed my phone and dragged my box back into Michael's room.

"I need to go, can we continue this another day?" I asked them.

"Yeah of course," Michael nodded. "Its not like it was gonna be good." We laughed at the fact that thats probably true, and I said goodbye for now, rushing out to my car. I was nervous, but also very excited. If I actually was to get the job, pretty soon I could pay for a new home. I mean, where else would that money go to? College? Ha. I turned the radio on, and drove down Michael's street, towards the mall.