October 5th 2016

Começar do início

"..."

"If I'd know just how precious that time would end up being, I may have prayed that time would slow down instead."

"Daniel-"

"As much as I want to hate my father, I can't.  And as much as I hate to admit it, I miss him."

"How about on Saturday, we have a small family gathering? We could go down to Amesbury to Connie, invite Sam and Jasmine, Evie, Alistair and the kids and we could celebrate your birthday."

"No."

"It'll be nice."

"I'm sure it would be but this year I just want it to be you and me. I want to start new traditions. Plus, I think being with my family and not having Dad there would just remind us all that he's not around."

"If that's what you want."

"It is. Plus, I saw Connie, Samuel and Evie, Alistair and the boys today. I don't need to see them all in the same place again for a few more weeks. They're all crazy when they're together."

"Crazy?"

"Connie dotes on the boys. She's obsessed with having great-grandchildren. Samuel and Evie are always butting heads because he's playing one prank or another on her but she doesn't seem to notice because she knows exactly what he's up to and Alistair and I end up talking politics."

"That's not crazy, Daniel. That's called being a loving family."

"It's crazy. And the worst thing is, it's only going to get crazier once you and Jasmine marry into that family."

"Um, excuse me? Offence taken!"

"Ok, I'll rephrase it- it'll get crazier once Jasmine marries into the family."

"Better."

"Although, you're a little crazy, too."

"Shut up."

"When are you back, Soph?"

"Tomorrow, I promise."

"You promise?"

"Mhm."

"Are you flying or on the Euro Tunnel?"

"Flying?"

"To Biggin Hill?"

"Mhm."

"Can I come pick you up?"

"Naturally."

"Text me the details. Tonight is Nola's last night with me because Jenna's mother is coming down from Edinburgh look after her and with you back, I can finally officially move in with you!"

"House party!"

"No."

"Part pooper."

"Not really, unless you wanted other people to join in with your homecoming."

"That sounds a little dirty, Daniel."

"It was supposed to."

"Really?! We go from talking about your recently deceased father to having a ménage à trois!"

"I don't want a threesome... that's why I said no to having a party!"

"You better not want one."

"Says the girls who once went back to some footballer's flat because you wanted to experiment."

"Well, obviously that experience scarred me for life and has compeltely put me off the idea!"

"Obviously."

"I'm going now. I need my beauty sleep."

"You're beautiful, regardless."

"Sweet answer, there, Danny Boy. But I think I do need some sleep. You don't want me looking haggard tomorrow for my homecoming."

"Maybe not. Ok, fine, off you go, Sleeping Beauty."

"Thank you. Are you sure you're ok, though?"

"We're all ok, Soph. I promise."

"Ok, but I'm still giving you a big hug tomorrow when I see you."

"Just a hug?"

"You may get a kiss, too."

"Deal."

"Night, Daniel. I love you."

"I love you, too, Soph. Sweet dreams."