I guess they thought that i wouldn't return after all. I'm surprised that i did.

I near the main office, identical to when I left school, and I step inside the room. I place my bag on the counter and look at the secretary.

"Luna! It's good to have you back," She says to me and I smile halfheartedly at her, immediately smelling the bull in her. She's just saying this because of what happened to me, this lady certainly didn't miss me when I was gone, with me bothering her all the time with frequent visits to the principal's office.

She hands me a piece of paper with my schedule printed on it and starts explaining everything that is new, what I should do and everything else that she deemed relevant. I listen apathetically to her and the school bell rings.

"You'll have to visit the school counselor at least once a month," She tells me and my head snaps towards her direction.

"What? I didn't know anything about this agreement." I say confusedly, creasing my eyebrows together.

"Your parents and the school board demanded it," she looks at me through her glasses.

I shake my head and sigh. Two therapists? Nice way for the parents to know what's going on with me without actually making any effort. Smart.

I glance at my scar absentmindedly, looking at the stark white, jagged line on my wrist. I hear the lady clearing her throat and I look at her uncomfortable expression after glancing at the scar as well.

I look at her straight in the eye defiantly, as if daring her to say something about it. She adverts her eyes and a red blush rises on her neck making me roll my eyes. Yes, I tried to kill myself. Nothing new to that piece of information.

"I'll take you there right now, Luna. I know you didn't visit him before, and the sooner you meet him the better," she gets up from her chair and walks outside of the office, gesturing for me to follow her. 

The short, plump woman knocks at a door and enters the room, revealing a man sitting at a desk, sipping coffee. He gets up and smiles, gesturing for me to get in.

"Pleasure to meet you! I'm Mr. Smith and i'll be your guidance counselor from now on."

"Luna." I say simply, introducing myself.

"Sit down, Luna," he says and I walk towards the wooden chair opposite from his own, "today we're not going to have a proper session, i just wanted to meet and talk to you.

I look at him and i force the corners of my mouth into a smile. What the fuck does he want me to do? I remain silent and stare at the man's face emotionlessly.

"Luna, do you want to say something?" He asks.

"Nope." I reply and continue staring at him with my best bored face until he squirms at the heavy silence.

"Okay! I just wanted to say that my door is always open to you and you are free to drop by anytime you want to. I want you to see me as a friend, and not only a teacher." I internally roll my eyes and gag at friend and i suppress a scoff. "That's all Luna, you're free to go. I'm afraid you lost homeroom, but your second period just started."

I mutter a quick goodbye and leave the room, entering the deserted corridors and thinking about how much of a fucking moron this guy is. This may be his job, but come on, did he really say that? No wonder teenagers never go to guidance counselors' office.

I pull my timetable from my bomber jacket and check the schedule. English, room 320 . I start walking to the classroom's direction, the memory of the way there still not forgotten.

I arrive at the door and hesitate before opening it. Ignoring the nervousness in my stomach, I twist the doorknob and enter, muttering a "sorry"and going to a free desk in the middle of the classroom. I grab my books and place them on the table, looking at the ruined wood in front of me.

"It's the girl who tried to kill herself last year," I hear someone saying near the front row. My eyes glance upwards and I look forward, acting unbothered as the classroom erupts into whispers around me.

The teacher finally looks up from his stack of papers and he meets my eyes. He raises his brows and then furrows it as he takes me in, making me squirm under his gaze. His appealing green eyes hold mine in an intense stare as he analysis me, his orbs boring into my own. I forget that i'm in the classroom, I forget that all around people are whispering and gossiping about me; the only thing that I can focus on are those eyes and that heavenly face staring so intently onto my own.

He keeps his eyes on me, making me burn, until he looks away deep in thought, and his eyes move to the register in front of him with furrowed brows. He doesn't know who I am. I watch as the muscle in his jaw ticking.

I let out a breath that i didn't know i was holding and the first thing that comes into my head is oh god he's hot.