Chapter 4

"Suzuka dear, wake up. It's already late." I can hear my mother's voice trying to wake me up.

"Come on, I made lunch for you. It's 1pm, wake up !" The sound of the bedroom door closing it's telling me that my mom left the room so I've got a little bit more time to sleep but I can't. I'm thinking about Ai again.  I wonder if she's also thinking about me.

"Ai...Ai, what are you doing to me ?" I can't believe you made me be so in love with you. I've only met you twice and I'm already head over heels in love with you. I'm scared to be honest that you won't have the same feelings as I do. You make me so happy yet so sad at the same time. You're confusing me. You make me feel all of this things and I don't know how to control them. You make me feel alive when I'm with you and death when we're apart. Is this what love is supposed to be like ?

"Ai..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard my phone beeping so I checked it and saw that I received a text message from our manager. I decided to ignore it, finally listening to my stomach who is begging me not to starve to death. On my way to the kitchen I stopped by the living room only to see my dad who was reading a book. I jumped on the couch beside him, giving him a tight hug.

"Hello Dad ! How are you doing today ?" I asked him politely still clinging onto his arm.

"I'm good. What about you? Is there a reason you're so hyper today ?" He asked petting my head.

"No, nothing special. I just woke up in a good mood." I told him before going to the kitchen.

"Mom ! Hi !" I kissed my mother on the cheek before asking what she cooked for me. She pointed at the stove where are placed different pots and pans.

"Waaa ! My favourites ! Thank you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aaahh I'm so full !" I rubbed my stomach feeling like it's going to explode any moment.

"I'm glad to hear that, dear. So you have any plans for today ?" My mother asked while she was doing the dishes.

"Actually yes. I'll be out for a while so don't worry about me and don't wait for me." I tried to sound not excited but in fact I really am. I'm planning to visit Ai today at the flower shop. I just can't be away from her for too long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here I am again in front of the flower shop. I don't know how I got here, I have no memory of actually getting on the bus but that's not really important right now, the important thing is that I'm going to see her. I look up at the sign hanging above the glass door, it says "Mei's flower and gardening shop". Hmm Mei must be the owner I guess.

As I entered the building I could saw her facing me with her back, writing something on a notebook. She doesn't seem to hear me enter so I took the opportunity to give her a surprise hug.

"Aaaaaaa !! Hey leave me alone !!" She struggles to get rid of my hold. "Hey, it's me." I whisper to he ear, I'm so close to her right now that I can feel her heartbeat. She turned around surprised and throws her arms around me neck hugging me back. "Don't scare me like that ever again, Suzuka-chan."

We stood in the same position, hugging each other for I don't know how many minutes. It's so nice and she smells so good. Vanilla, simple yet elegant.

"I'm sorry for scaring you." I said as I'm caressing her back up and down.

"It's okay. Why are you here ?" She asked me after releasing the hug.

"I wanted to see you and be around you. Didn't you miss me ?" A faded pink color was visible on her cheeks after hearing my response. She's blushing, hahaha so cute.

"I did miss you actually.. " she said right away grabbing my hands. I just smiled at her not knowing what else to do or to say. "What about you, did you miss me ?"

"That's why I'm here." I lean my head in, trying to go for a kiss. I can see her doing the same thing so I closed my eyes. Feeling her breath against my lips gives me tingles all over my body but I choose to ignore it.

"Hello." We hear someone greeting as they open the door. Ai quickly picked up the notebook and the pen she dropped earlier, rushing to the person  that entered the shop. We almost kissed, it was so close. I can feel a burning sensation on my lips and the desire to kiss her is more present than ever. I've never thought about kissing her to be honest but my cravings for it will surely last for a long time. Ugh why did we need to be interrupted at this exact moment. I'm so frustrated and the burning seems to not go away.

I took my phone from my bag when I heard that it was beeping. I got a message from our manager, the second one for today. I read only the last one I got and it says: " Nakamoto, from 5th to 18th of December this year BABYMETAL will perform in an opening act for the Red Hot Chili Peppers' UK tour. From tomorrow up until the 3rd of December, the day we will leave for the UK, BABYMETAL will come to the studio for practice so you should be present tomorrow afternoon. See you there tomorrow."

When I thought things can't get worse. I won't be able to see Ai for almost 3 months and this really makes me depressed. All I can feel now is anger and frustration. What if she will forget about me ?

"Hey, you keep staring at your phone. Are you alright ?" I can feel her hand on my shoulder and her eyes on me.

"Yes, I'm okay." Looking at her I can see worry written on her face.

"I don't believe you but I'm not going to pressure you to tell me... "

I didn't say anything. My brain is too full of thoughts to say anything.
"It's closing time. What do you want to do now ?" She didn't looked at me this time, instead she went in the back room and came out with a bag and a blazer. I just realised she's dressed in her school uniform. Hmm she must have come to work directly after school.

She took a key out of her bag with a keychain attached to it that says "shop" on it. She walks around the shop, turning down every single light then to the front door pressing some buttons, setting the alarm. "Come one, let's go." She tells me and I follow her outside. She closes and locks the door before shoving the key back in her bag.

"So ? What are we going to do now ?" She asked me again, her tone losing its sweetness that it had earlier today. She's sensing that something is wrong with me.

I just took her hand leading her down the street without saying anything. She follows me silently, looking at the ground.

We arrived to a park nearby the shop, where we sat down on a bench. The autumn leaves are covering most of the park, the wind is blowing a little bit but it's still warm enough to hang out outdoors, the sun is slowly setting on the horizon. The atmosphere is cozy yet melancholic, like all the other autumn days.

I took a deep breath before looking at her, seeing her hanging her head low.

"I'll be gone for 3 months." I said after taking her hand and resting it on my lap. "And I won't be able to see you." I continued not daring to look at her any longer.

"I understand." She simply said in a voice that seems so sad to me. "It doesn't matter how long it takes, I will wait for you." She's looking into space in front of her. I just looked at her not being able to believe what I'm hearing.
"But... " she paused for a few seconds before continuing. " Please, look for me after you come back. Please, don't forget about me. Please... Please..." I can hear her sobbing, it breaks my heart. "Suzuka-chan, please... I can't..." she grabs her bag and starts running to the park's entry.

"Ai, wait !" I try to run after her but my legs won't function properly. "Ai-chan !" I shout again, hoping she will come back.

She suddenly stops and turns around, her face red and covered in tears. "I love you ! Please don't forget about me, Suzuka-chan !"

My vision is getting blurry and my knees are getting weak, making me fall to the ground. I'm watching her run away, feeling like I will die any minute now. I'm trying to get up but I  can't. I break down in the middle of the park, exhausted and empty, embraced by the darkness of the night.