Chapter twenty-three

Start from the beginning

They came into the room and had shades, an ear piece and a tight suits on which shows all their muscles.

They told me morning and stood on each side of Tracey's crib without saying another word.

They always act professional when Toby is not here.

I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, took a shower and got dressed.

When I got out of the bathroom, Tim, Jim and Tracey were not in the room. I started to look around the house than I heard talking so I followed the sound. I looked in the room and saw one of them holding Tracey, who was awake now and the other one was in a corner talking to Glen.

"What are you doing here Glen?", I asked getting all of their attention.

"Im here to keep you company because I know Toby went back to the hotel today", she said walking towards me.

I took Tracey from the guy and went to another room to feed Tracey.

~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Glen spent the whole day watching movies and gossiping.

Toby hasn't called me all day and everytime im about to call him, Glen tells me that he's probably busy.

My phone rang and I reached for it quickly, hoping it's him but it was an unknown number.

"Hello", I answered getting off the sofa and walking into the kitchen for some water.

"This is Olivia calling from SVU. May I speak with Bay Joseph?", she said.

"This is she?", I said than took a sip of my glass of water.

"We need you to come in as soon as possible. We have some information that you should know about", she said sounding like she was on a busy road because I could hear loud noises in the background.

"Okay. We will come in this afternoon when Toby comes home", I said sitting back on the sofa and crossing my legs.

"No no, you must come alone. He should not know about this because it might make the investigation even harder", she said.

"Mm what are you saying?", I asked confused.

"We will talk about it when you come in", she said.

"Then I'll be on my way in five minutes", I said than hung up.

I put the phone down and my heart started racing.

"What's going on?", Glen asked getting my attention. I even forgot that she was in the room with me.

"I have to go to SVU now. They say that they have information and I think Toby is included", I said grabbing the phone and getting up off the sofa.

"Come on, I'll drive you", Glen said grabbing her keys.

I picked up Tracey and we headed towards the car.

I starred out the window as the car drove off.

I would cry but I am so mad at the moment. If Toby is involved that'll just mean that he's trying to hurt me or Tracey. He is definitely going to get what he deserves. I'll do anything to protect my daughter.

When we reached, I told Glen to wait for me in the lobby with Tracey. I went into Olivia's office and she told me to have a seat.

She went into her draws and pulled out a file. She opened it up infront me.

"These information are from the blood test that Toby and Tracey took last week", she said pointing and I nodded.

"By doing multiple test we realized that Tracey and Toby have blood relation", she said looking at me.

"Wait wait wait what?, I said massaging my temple. I could feel the tears coming.

I am so stupid! I let him sign her birth certificate. I trusted him! I am so naive. He called me a slut and few days later I'm trusting him with my child.

"Tracey's father is related to Toby. Their blood is really close, so it has to be his brother because his father passed away ", she said trying to explain it to me.

"But he doesn't have a brother!!", I said raising my voice a little.

"He probably has a brother that you don't know about", she said.

"So did you find him?", I asked with my eyes watering.

"No, not yet. That's why we're hoping you dont say any of this to him because if he does know about it, he can lead us to him", she said closing the file.

"Thank you for the ....update", I said with my voice cracking and I got up and left her office.

This still doesn't make any sense to me. This information is not adding up. Toby has been lying to me from day one.

Glen came to me and hugged me.

"What did she say?", Glen asked looking at me with worry.

"He's been lying. He pretended that he cared and love me. He......he pretended that he didn't know anything about Tracey dad", I said shacking my head, crying than Glen hugged me.

"I am so stupid! I can't believe I let him sign her birth certificate. What kind of mother am I? I thought I was doing the right thing at that time...... but now I....", I was saying but she cut me off.

"Shhh it's going to be okay. We'll get to the bottom of this eventually, so you just have to stay strong until we do", she said and I simply nodded.