8.

"Don't give me life lessons, Granger. I don't need to know that your vision of life is so wonderful and rosy."

Sometimes you need to seize the moment no matter what the consequences. We need to stop for a moment the most rational part of us so we can go further. And it's hard, so hard when every single part of your body don't want to. It's like looking for something very tiny in a dark and big room. Not impossible, but really hard. But when this moments are accompanied with something else, everything become easier.
For Hermione Granger and Tom Riddle this something else was the attraction, the alchemy that filled everything around them when they looked in each other eyes.
Even though after that night they behaved like nothing happened, sometimes when it was dark outside and nobody could saw their thoughts, safe under their sheets, they thought about it, how it felt so strange but natural at the same time.
Both of them tried to oppress everything, blaming the firewiskey.
They promised themselves to avoid each other, to not stare their eyes for too long, but they have proved to be a failure. There was something, something bigger that made them being so close even if that meant arguing all the time. Still, both of them seemed to gasp desperately looking for what they felt that night.
Hermione knew she had to take advantage of the situation.
She was going out Tom's room when she remembered what day it was.
30th November.
One of the dates where the future Dark Lord set a meeting with his knights.
She had to admit she was curious to know what they talked about and how the other boys behaved when Tom was around.
He had thought anything not to arouse suspicions.
No one but Abraxas talked with him except if they were at the meetings. In case of betrayal, he would get away clean.
She knew the things were quiet and they would continue the meetings immediately. She had to stop him and, in that moment, there was only one way.
Still with her back to him, she looked at her left arm, where her sweater covered a scar with memories and sorrows still vivid.
She closed her eyes, murmuring in her mind "oculorum ludibrium" while "mudblood" slowly vanished from her body. It would only last 12 hours but they were enough.
Tom didn't noticed at the scar that night and she was so grateful for that, avoiding questions that she didn't want to hear and answers she didn't want to give.

"I'm just trying to help you."

She turned, challenging him with a look.

"I don't need your help. The simple fact that you are wiser than a large part of the school doesn't give you the right to pretend to be Albus Dumbledore with his damn life's advice."

He approached her.

"You dislike me 'cause you know that I've right and you hate yourself because you didn't  think about it before." 

"A little full of yourself?"

They were more and more closer.

"I learned from the best."

She said opening her arms, almost pointing at him.

"You mean Diggory? I can't even imagine how was interesting his speech of himself and his family."

Their faces were so close that they could feel each other warmth.
She half smiled.

"Jealous, Riddle?"

He smirked.

"Me? Of him? Never."

In a moment her lips were on his, leaving him unsure for a splith second, but, for Hermione, it was enough to notice.  She put a hand on his cheek, eagerly.  That spark, that electric shock, they felt that night, had returned more powerful than before if possible, making them feel alive, almost immortal. It was a sensation they have never known  before, it was something that, Hermione was sure about it, she never read in her favorite novels, or in any book. Maybe because it was beyond words. An absurd idea crossed her mind, maybe they were the only ones who ever felt something like that.
Tom grabbed her with is right hand while he put gently and carefully his left on her back. Her hands stroked his hair. The self control, that made them stand out and that they had in common, was completely gone, releasing their mind from every problem and every question. They were addicted to all those sensations. In a moment they were on his bed, unable to talk. The breaths got heavier, the hands wandered under they clothes until they decided it wasn't enough.
Stop everything and behave like nothing ever happened wasn't in their plans, every single part of their bodies would not have allowed it. They went beyond an inviolable line and the only thing left for them to do was to go on.
They got rid of their clothes along with a soli base of denials, insecurities and doubts. Their rational side shouted and kicked, begging them to stop so they could walk out unharmed, but they decided to not listen, locking it up in a dark room inside their brains.
When Tom entered inside her, a huge flow of magic washed over them, starting to circulate like they were the same and that lack, they felt for all those days, filled up  again.

"Hermione."