Chapter One

Sootkit awakens from a thump on her flank.
"Owwww!" She peeks her eyes open. Her litter mates Crowkit and Blackkit were wrestling. She hops into the wrestling pile.
Blackkit gets her pinned down but Crowkit slams into Blakkits flank. The brambles at the entrance rustle as their mother Swiftfoot walks in "Go help out around camp you 3 I'm sure the elders need to be tick checked and  Bumblestripe will need help organizing herbs"she meows and pads out of the den.
           Crowkit steps forward "I'll go help Bumblestripe" he meows as he pads out of the nursery to the medicine cat den.
           Blackkit and Sootkit start walking towards the elders den. One of the elders white tail notices the two kits "Are you hear to pick my ticks?" He asks.
           They nod and go and check all of the elders to see if the have ticks or fleas. After they they help the elders they help clean bedding and flop down tired on the cold dirt floor.
           Sootkit looks to her brother "we might as well be apprentices if they make us do their jobs" she meows frustrated
           Crow kit pads up to his littermates , "Do you two want to split a toad?"he asks
           They both nod their heads , Sootkit walks up to the prey pile and picks up a fairly large frog and drags it over.
           They each take a bite , Crowkit straightens up "I am going to become a medicine apprentice I talked to Bumblestripe and she said she would love to teach me how to take care of my clanmates"he meows happily.
            "That's great , I know you will be a great apprentice " Sootkit meows and gives her brother more toad.
             Blackkit looks to his brother "But I thought we would train as apprentices and become warriors together , and protect the clan with each other" he meows sadly.
            "I know but I will still protect the clan like you but I will just stop sickness instead of cats , plus someone needs to be able to heal your battle scars". Crowkit meows in amusement.
           "Ok I'm glad you found something you enjoy, I bet you will be the best medicine cat apprentice there ever was". He meows.
           Sootkit stops eating the toad and slumps down she looks up at the sun barely peaking through the tree tops . The camp entrance rustles as the midday  patrol comes back. Their father Snowdrift walks towards the kits.
          "Have you helped out in camp you three" he meows
          Sootkit nods "Crowkit is going to become a medicine cat apprentice!" She meows excitedly.
          Snowdrift looks to his son "why ? I thought you wanted to become a wanted to become a warrior!" He asks.
          Crowkit looks down "I want to save life's not ruin them"he meows quietly
          "Real cats don't spend all day in a den organizing herbs" Snowdrift scoffs and pads off.
          Crowkit runs off to the medicine den before his littermates can say something.The kits stand there confused of what just happened. Eventually Blackit goes back to the elders den.
          Sootkit ends up drifting off to sleep eventually. She opens her eyes and looks around to see prairie around her where am I she thinks to herself. She turns around to see a cat looking back at her, she jumps back in surprise.
          She looks at the silver she cat "who are you?" Sootkit asks.
          She looks down at the little kit "I am Silkpelt , and you have a great destiny ahead of you little one  you hold the clans in your paws". She meows.
           Sootkit gets a look of confusion"what do you mean?" She asks the she cat
           It looks as if she was answering but there was no sound "Sootkit!".Sootkit awakens and looks around to see her brother Crowkit.
           "Good you are awake Swiftfoot says it's time to come in the den" he meows as he starts padding towards the den.
           Sootkit enters the den and see's her brothers and mother already curled up in the den. Sootkit was still awake because she was just asleep but eventually she finally drifts of into sleep but it's kind of hard when Blackkit would cough every ten seconds.