Theodore & the Bridge Miscalculation

Comenzar desde el principio

That didn't look right.

"Dude, that's weird," I said, my eyes widening a bit. "Does your knee look like that?"

"Uh, no," Oliver said, shaking his head.

My knee was displaced, already turning a blackish-blue color.

"I think I'm going to be sick," I announced.

"Don't do that," Felix ordered. He climbed up into the rocks, returning a few moments later with a blunt. "Smoke this."

And so I did, trying to calm my nerves and relieve the agonizing pain coursing through my body.

"Think you can sit up?" Oliver asked me.

I finished off the blunt, tossing it aside. I closed my eyes a few moments, letting the weed seep through my body.

"Kay."

Oliver pulled me vertical and I leaned over and vomited next to him.

"I'm gonna be sick," Felix announced.

"My knee hurts."

"We're gonna need to get you to the hospital, bro, like ASAP."

"No," I declined. "No I'm not doing that. My parents cannot know about this."

"Theo, your knee is dislocated man," Felix said, his eyes sweeping me. "You have to get it taken care of."

"Get me back to the cabin," I ordered. "I'll knock out tonight and I swear to you it'll look ten times better in the morning."

"I don't think-" Oliver started.

"If my parents find out that I'm still smoking they'll disown me," I stressed. "Take me back to the cabin."

And so Oliver helped me up to my feet again, ignoring my constant groans of pain.

I looped my arms around Oliver and Felix and hobbled my way back to the car, panting my way through the pain.

In. Out. In. Out.

"Theo you're not looking so hot," Felix said.

"My leg is going to fucking fall off, how am I supposed to feel?" I snapped.

I sprawled out across the backseat, my chest heaving as I clutched my knee.

"Rolling you a blunt as we speak," Felix said, taking passenger as Oliver took driver.

That wasn't his speciality, it was mine. But I appreciated the effort.

Felix got it started for me before passing it back. "I used the good stuff, bro."

"You're welcome," Oliver added.

I just closed my eyes. At this point I should be on Cloud Fucking Nine.

I was a little hazy when we got back to the cabin, Oliver and Felix practically hauling me into the cabin.

Oliver had built it for his wood shop final on his dad's property last year, but his dad was never home. So we hung out here to get away from everyone and everything. And had just the right amount of privacy to do so.

Oliver disappeared while I lied out on a sleeping bag, propping my knee up on another rolled up sleeping bag.

"Have you ever thought about all of the tiny, living particles around you right now?" I asked Felix.

"Nah, bro."

"They're in the wood. And the air. And the dirt on the floor. It's fucking insane man."