Alike yet Different

For Tia and I to look so alike we were different.

I could honestly say that tho Tia was my twin I hated her sometimes.

When we were in high school Tia would get all the attention. She was everything I wasn't.I was only noticed as Tia's twin.

Many people questioned why I wasnt like her.

Why I wasnt fun like Tia.

Why I wasn't as open as Tia.

Why I covered up unlike Tia.

Why I wasnt Tia.

I just wanted to scream and yell at that.Even tho we looked alike,she was my sister, my fresh and blood I was her.

I was Gia.

Gia the smart yet pretty one.The one who chose studying over parties.Books instead of sex.Grade instead of parties.

The only thing I did that people dimmed bad was smoke.It relieved my stress.I needed it.

I owned that right.Everyone needs a relief.

Tia on the other hand chose parties, sex, and boys.Everyone likes Tia.

Even with our parents she always got the upper hand.They always praised her.On how much of a good girl she was.She did cheerleading.

But if they only knew I was the on whose grades they were.I did her work.It was all me.Basically I went to school for both of us.

Even tho we both had jobs at the time she would pay me to do her work.But no one can be mad or knock my hustle.

I tried to tell her that she should do it.I tried to make her realize it was a life after high school. She responded she wasnt dumb she was just too lazy to do it.It bored her so she gave it to me because I was willing to get my work done.

I was tryna get outta my parents house.Be my own person.Be who I wanna be.Live the life I wanna live.Be the real me.

Not the covered up person I was.Hiding behind my sisters shadow.

Its time for me too show the real Gia.

To show the world the difference between us.

That we are

Alike yet Different

-----------------------------------

New story!

Comment what you think.

-Alexis