CHAPTER 8

Keep in mind that I have no idea how award shows work, for I barely watch them, because they're mostly a bunch of undeserving artists/actors/athletes winning an award. I'll try my best to make this as close to how I think, award shows work. No promises. So, please, do not tell me that I've made a major mistake, because like I said, I have no clue how these things work.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. :*

xx-Mystery-xx

------------------------

-Third Person's Point of View-

Everyone was now in their seats, waiting for the show to begin. There were at least a hundred artists and a couple of hundred other celebrities in the audience among a thousand of other people. The building was loud. Finally, the announcer, who this year was Justin Bieber (who needed a job and was one of the only people available), walked onto stage, smiling and waving.

"Hello, everyone here tonight and watching at home on their televisions," he started. "Today, I am going to announce the winners of each of the categories, the winners are going to come up here, on stage, accept the war, say a short thank you speech, and then go back to their seats, quietly and orderly."

Braelynn-Juliette sat up straighter in her seat. She knew how many VMA's One Direction had won, and that made her antsy. She was practically bouncing in her seat. Which is why Louis looked over at her and said, "Braelynn-Juliette, sit still please."

Braelynn sighed and nodded, looking in the direction of her other father, who was on the other side of Niall, before slouching down again and resting her head on her uncle's shoulder.

"What's up Julie?" he whispered.

"I'm bored," she whined. Niall laughed at his non-blood niece and shook his head fondly.

"Don't worry, it won't last too long. Especially once everything starts moving," Niall told her. Braelynn-Juliette nodded and picked her head up.

"And the winner for the best direction category is... One Direction!" Justin called, with a slight grimace, probably upset because they're still around and he's not. Harry, Louis, Niall, and Liam all stood up and carefully made their way to the stage, Harry accepting the award and Liam saying the speech.

"Um, I want to thank our fans the most, because without them we wouldn't have this award in our hands. I want to thank our editors, our directors, our band and everyone else, there's too many to name. Um, just thank you."

The lads made their way off of the stage and sat down out of the order they had originally sat in, it now being Liam, Niall, Harry, Braelynn-Juliette, Louis, and then Briana. Harry and Niall had switched accidentally. But it was okay, Braelynn wasn't complaining, and it gave Louis room to slip his arm behind his daughter and touch his fiance without being seen.

Harry smiled when he felt the small touch against his arm and looked at Louis, who looked at him without turning his head and winked.

Braelynn noticed what they were doing and sighed loudly, causing the person in front of her to turn around with a glare and look at her. She gave a sassy look in return, making the woman roll her eyes and turn back around.

"Stop messing with people Brae-Julie," Louis whispered to his daughter, smiling slightly. She gasped in mock-offense.

"Me? You're the one flirting," she responded quietly.

Louis was about to respond when he heard Harry's voice.

"Haha whoops," Braelynn laughed when Louis stood up quickly.