18 - Rumors and Readers

Austin's POV

I could feel the anger rising inside me. The header read, 'Austin Moon cheats on girlfriend & songwriter Ally Dawson'. I had to find out who had said what to who.

I called Ally straight away, then I remembered, it's nearly one o'clock in the morning, she won't be awake. And just as I suspected, she didn't answer. I told my mom and dad I was going back to bed before running upstairs to my room.

When I went into my room I threw my phone on my bed, but as I threw it, it started playing the tune to Double Take, which was my ringtone. I answered it quickly, without looking at the caller ID. I recognised the voice when it spoke.

"Austin, why on earth did you phone me at 1am?!" Ally said with a tired voice.

"Ally, thank goodness you're awake!" I replied. "Someone has lied to Cheetah Beat, saying that I cheated on you with Cassidy!"

"This is awful, what are we going to do? Nearly every kid in Miami reads that magazine!" She said worriedly.

"I don't know, look I'm sorry for waking you up, go back to sleep and I'll call you in the morning," I told her. "You need your beauty sleep."

"Okay, and it's fine, I suppose you had a reason to wake me up at this hour," She replied. "Bye, love you!" And with that, the line went dead.

Ally's POV

I was so shocked by what Austin had told me. I mean who would actually go and tell a magazine editor a bunch of lies for no reason?

Obviously someone was mad at me or Austin for them to do that. My first guess would be Cassidy although I can't think of anything we've done to make her angry.

→★←

When I woke up, I checked the time, which was 7:30. I knew Austin probably wasn't awake yet, so he wouldn't phone me for a while.

I went downstairs to make some breakfast. I poured some cereal then went into the living room to watch TV. The first channel that was on was some news show, which was talking about Austin supposedly cheating on me. I sighed and shook my head as I changed the channel. It came onto some random sitcom that I'd never heard of. I decided to just watch it anyway.

Around half an hour later, Austin called. I picked up straight away.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hey Austin."

"Hey, do you want to meet me at the Beach Club at lunchtime?"

"Yeah, sure," I replied.

"Great, we need to sort out what's happened with this magazine, we need to put things right," He said.

"Um, Austin, it was on the news this morning too," I told him nervously.

"For goodness sake! Really? I'm fed up with the press interfering with our relationship constantly, bye, I'll see you later, love you!"

"Bye, love you," I replied as I hung up.

A/N

Yay it only took like 3 months but I finally found time to update!!:):) Sorry I really am, I actually forgot how much I love writing this! I swear I'll update again before Christmas! I love you guys:)

B∆STILLE IS AMAZING BTW.. js.