Chapter Twenty-Eight: Someone like You [EDITED]

Chapter Twenty Eight: Someone like you

Sitting here, across from Brad, beside Jean and in a room full of people who care about Sarah I wasn't sure how to feel. I was nervous, and scared, freaking out on the inside and sweating like a pig on the outside. Roger looks at me as if I'm about to puke, and I just might.

No one was giving me any hints on what they were feeling, Brad stares at the wall behind me. Roger looks me up and down like he has the right to judge is newly discovered daughters boyfriend.

Sarah hadn't gone into much detail about their conversation, it made me nervous that she barely spoke about it. It only means that she was bottling it up inside, something she did and still does frequently until she explodes on all of us.

Of all of us sitting around the one who I was most unsure about was her mother, who was sitting quietly separated from the rest of us. She had been extremely silent during the past two weeks of the process.

All the test has been cleared, Sarah had been giving the okay for the transplant and now we're are all sitting around waiting for the doctor. Sarah fought the nurses for at least an hour with them about letting me come into the room with her. They insisted that it would just need to be her, I didn't mind. Seeing her unconscious on the table, weak and feeble, I wouldn't have been able to handle that.

That was if it went well, if it goes wrong, then I would...well. I couldn't honestly answer how I would take that.

Over the past months I have grown to love this stupid. stubborn and wildly ambitious girl. She takes the mean of working on your relationship to another level. She is rude and snappy and it drives me nuts, driving me farther and farther in love with her. I can't imagine life without her now.

Sitting here I close my eyes for a minute, blocking out the rustling of Jeanie beside me playing on my phone. I block out the blank stares and nervous nail biting of Brad, I just calm myself down the only way I know how.

Sitting in the stands my hands were cold from the chill air brushing through the arena but it didn't matter. I had come to kick the ball around only to be let down when the arena was already in use. To my surprise it was a single girl, her face recognizable to my eyes. I wasn't sure where I had seen her but once she started to push herself through the rain her dark hair whipping around. I realized exactly who she was, I wanted to let her know of my presence but she seems so focused I leave her be.

I feel a accidental smile creep up my cheeks causing me to adjust myself, trying to shake the feeling. Something about the way she moved gave me chills and they were unexplainably amazing. I was scared to blink daring to miss any moment of her muscles moving in unison to travel down the soaking wet field towards the fake goal tender.

I watched as her average frame twisted in motions, her eyes closed from where I was sitting I was sure her eyes were closed. I laughed at the thought because I did the exact thing often, imagining the crowd screaming my name in unison. The ball left the ground just high enough for her to twist around and send her foot colliding into the hard plastic and straight towards the goal.

She must have kicked off the ground a good foot before landing in a puddle that had formed below her. She laughed to herself and I watched on mesmerized by her smile, it was something I had never seen before. Genuine.

"Shit!" left her lips as she threw her arms up in defeat before scrambling to her feet and pulling her headphones out. She stood there for a moment I watched unsure of what she was even doing. But she just stood there letting the rain hit her face washing some of the mud on her olive complexion down the curves of her neck to her slick collarbone.