Chapter 2: Study Duel

The Wind brushes my hair on a slight breeze. My eyes are closing.

"So this is what it feels like when you're relaxed?" I muttered to myself.

I am in my room with Jackie sleeping at the bottom bunk of our bed. I was gazing at the view at my window. It is 12:00 am and I can't sleep. I just don't feel like sleeping at all. I was thinking of Malfoy actually, why he did all of this to me. I haven't even done anything to him all over six years. I'm not even a pure blood. Maybe it's because that his family is all pure bloods that he insults Mud blood students. He thinks that he's smart, but he's definitely not. I don't want to spoil my spare time thinking about him. He's my arch enemy. He is a very spoiled rich boy who always ruins the fun. I hate him. I'll never become a friend of his. I am never ever gonna talk to him.

I went to bed with a tight line on my lips. I hope that tomorrow's gonna be a good one. No Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle moments. . . Now that would be a big miracle.

In breakfast this morning we have, eggs, Bacon and pumpkin soup. Tartars of apples and strawberry. Everything that make counts of breakfast was place upon the large, long table. I sat between Jackie and Hermione.

"Hello Tori," Hermione replied. I widened my eyes a little. I keeping my cool and try to act like I knew her all my life. But I quickly gave her a wave and a weak smile. I'm still shy but at least we can be friends now. 

"Sorry to hear about what Malfoy did to you, I thought he was only dealing with Harry, Me, and Ron," She continued.

"I just wanted to stab that-" I suddenly mouthed those words at her. She smiled and giggled.

" I guess we both wanted to do the same thing to him," She ate her food and said something to Ron.

Malfoy was eating at the second table beside ours with his Slytherin friends. He chortled with Crabbe and Goyle. I guess he said something funny about something that he said. I watched him with darts throwing at his face. He quickly noticed that I'm doing it and I quickly turned my head back trying to focus at my food. Blushing a little, I look at him again, but this time he really caught me red handed. He gives me a death glare and smirked while I gave him everything I got, to smoke signal that I-Want-You-Down-Malfoy.

When breakfast was over, I walked alone with my eyes looking through side to side. I bumped into someone. 

"Watch it you freak!" A choler voice was eerie between my ears. I bumped into him. When I said him, I meant my worst enemy. He got up and stared at me from head to toe.

I eyed him like I'm gonna slap him, but I can't.

"What? Are you scared?" He suddenly stifled while I became stiff from what he just said.

"No I'm not!" I let out a short cry.

"Well it seems like you are," He smug. I shook my head and told him that I have to go. When I went there Snape called my attention.

"Miss Vyles, what a pleasure for you to come into this class. . . late," His tone was clearly suspicious. I shivered as all pairs of eyes are staring at me. I spotted something unusual though, Malfoy was sitting at the right side of the room near the windows. He saw me glancing at him with a sly smile plastered on his face. How on earth did he do that without getting late? I started to realize that he is Snape's favorite student.

The only seat that was available is right next to him. I don't want to go near that pale, judgmental moron, but I have no choice. I sat next to him with a glimpse of irritation. It seems like he doesn't want me to sit next to him either. Pansy Parkinson, one of Draco's friends, whispered something right at his ear. I sort of look at them doing something but I chose to ignore it. Draco laughed silently. What did Pansy Parkinson did?