Chapter 1: Mate?

*IN THE PROCESS OF BEING EDITED NEW THINGS MIGHT BE ADDED. THIS IS FOR THE ENTIRE BOOK.*

[Edited] (Double Edited)

-------------------------

"Mommy, what's going on?" I asked in my squeaky, eight year old voice. I was looking around the room, slightly terrified.

What's happening?
Why are we leaving so quickly? And what's with all the noises coming from down stairs? It's like there's a fight going on. But I'm not sure, because mom won't tell me. She's just rushing us to leave.

"Well sweetie–" she stopped at mid-sentence, because of the loud shriek coming from downstairs. My mother looked over at me. "Sweetie, you need to leave. Take your brothers with you, and don't let them catch you." She said quickly, pulling a thick sweater over my head and tossing me some nice thick leggings and a pair of loose pants. I quickly slipped them on. Still very curious as to why we were suddenly leaving home with out a cause.

Just as I finished getting dressed there was another loud crash along with a growl.

"Mommy who's trying to catch us? Are they bad? And why do I have to take my brothers with me? They're mean to me." I whined stomping my foot. My mother looked at me shaking her head and sighed.

"It's for your safety, love, now be a good, strong girl, okay? Your brothers need you, and you're the oldest so you have to take care of them. Can you do that for me?" She asked in her sweet, motherly voice.

I nodded my head eagerly, "Yes mommy, don't worry. I'll take good care of my brothers."

She smiled at me before running to my brothers' rooms and quietly waking them up. She brought them to my room. My twin brother Rafael, who was younger then me by 3 minutes, looked up at my mom.

"Mother where are we going and why is Rachel in charge? She's a girl and girls are weak! I can take care of us better." He said puffing his chest out. Before my mother could answer there was a loud growl not too far from where we were standing.

"I'm sorry my pups, but I have to leave. Make sure you two stick together." I looked around my room for my bunny that I've had since I was born. I quickly found it on my bed. I reached for it and as soon as I grabbed it, my door was thrown open. I looked up and saw a huge, grey wolf growling at my mom and clutched my bunny to my chest.

My mom looked over at us a mouthed 'run'. I just stood there, in some sort of shock, until my brother grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the balcony.

"We have to jump, okay sissy?" I looked over at him and nodded. I stood at the railing, holding onto my bunny tighter and leaped out. Iblanding roughly onbky feet. They burned like a bitch and I realized i had forgotten my shoes, but I kept running, not wanting to look back. But I did , as I glanced over my shoulder I saw one of my younger brothers being carried away into a black van by a giant man with large muscles.

I looked over at my brother who kept running even when we reached unfamiliar territory. "Rafael, where are we going? I'm cold and my feet hurt." I whimpered. He turned around and looked at me.

"I'm sorry sissy, but we have to keep running remember what Mommy said?" I nodded and started to run again, my feet turning numb. I'm not sure how long we had been running but I couldn't feel my feet. They were numb and tired.