9. Morning Surprises

I woke up with a stinging feeling on my back, to my surprise it was actually daylight when I woke up. I craned my neck to try to see my surroundings. A small smile graced my face when I saw a sleeping alpha next to me.

On impulse my hand reached out and felt his soft features, his contoured cheekbones, his sharp jawline lined with stubble, his symmetric nose. My fingers ever so softly ran along the contour of his plump, soft, pink lips. I yearned to kids them again, I'm starting to think about us being together, running this kingdom together, and uniting our packs.

"Good morning" his deep voice mumbled, sending chills down my body
"Morning" I smiled slightly.
"I should go," his deep green eyes opened, they were thick with sleepiness.
"So soon?" I asked disappointed
"Drew, I'm not sure what your feelings towards me are. And I don't want to rush you just because I marked you" he sat up and sat in the side of the bed. I went to go comfort him when a wave of searing pain shot through me.

I cried out in agony, Braxton's deep eyes snapped to mine, black and green fighting for dominance. He mumbled a curse word under his breath. I just lied there, whimpering in pain, it was like I needed Braxton.

"Drew, you're in heat" Braxton's voice was uneven and rough.
"Please make it go away" I begged
"I can't!" He growled out
"Braxton please" I cried out.
He reluctantly picked me up and placed me on his lap, so that I was straddling him. I didn't care that I was practically naked with only underwear on.

He nuzzled his face into my neck and breathed in heavily. I sighed slightly in pleasure when I felt him on my core.
"Braxton" I groaned when he slightly bit my neck. He growled and pulled me closer, but very careful with my wounds.
He brought his soft lips to mine,

I grabbed his face with the palms of my hands bringing him closer, he placed his hands on the swells of my breasts. I moaned slightly and he bit down on my lip. My hands found their way under his shirt as I clawed his back, not enough to hurt him.

"Mrs. Drew. Oh my god!" My faced reddened with embarrassment once I heard Mary's innocent voice. Braxton growled and pushed me off of him. He quickly left the room, telling Mary she can go in now.  The pain was slowly coming back.
"Drew Venus Katerina Archibald! You're wounded, this is not the time to go and mate!" Mary scolded me harshly.
"I can't control it, Mary" I growled slightly
"Oh I think you can!" She barked at me
"I'm in heat!" I raised my voice.
"Oh my, this isn't good. Let's get you in the shower, and then we can figure out what you can do today" she said softly.
"Your wounds have seemed to almost healed." She said, astonished
"I think we have Braxton to thank for that" I said
"A mate always heals everything" she smiled at me.

She was right, the four gashes look a lot smaller, but still red and irritated. They are still pretty big, about half an inch wide but not as deep anymore. I smiled softly and got dressed in comfortable clothing, which included, a pair of black leggings, a loose white t-shirt, and a pair of white  high tops.

"Drew, where are you going?" Mary asked me when I went to reach the door handle
"I have many things to do Mary" I said and walked out of the room.

I quickly walked to my office and started on some papers. I'm currently looking over some files from my parents disappearance, we only have few things on it. Their car was turned over at the side of the road, the driver was dead and my parents were gone, but the weird thing was that their baggage was missing.

I was thinking that maybe that someone killed the driver so my parents took their belongings and tried to book it to the nearest pack, but that just didn't make any sense. It was hard to make and sense out of the situation, why would the king and Queen leave and abandon their daughter? Wouldn't they want to take her with them if they wanted to flee the kingdom?