8. Posionious Claws

They all three kept circling us, at this point my main goal was to get all three of them onto me so Zander could run to safety. I couldn't mindlinked Aiden because it would distract me too much. I blocked Zander with my body making sure no one could hurt him.

I looked at the three mutts in front of me, they were all slightly smaller in height and build than me, though, their numbers gave them an advantage. But it was nothing I couldn't handle myself. I studied them, making sure one didn't get the sneak attack on me.

I crouched down in a fighting position and then they all pounced
'Go!' I yelled at Zander through the mindlink. I easily snapped the first wolves neck with my jaws, I was worried that Zander could've seen that and be too scared of me. I did see him run off to the castle though.

I yelped when one of the wolves bit my tail, I was pining the other to the ground trying to get a good angle on his neck. I was snapping my jaws at him before I found a good spot, I bit down, hard, he howled in pain and I threw him to the side. The wolf that had bit my tail was now charging at me full speed, I quickly braced my myself and rammed back into the pathetic wolf.

It whimpered and fell the the ground, I climbed on top of it, its hind leg cut into my stomach and I was just about to end his life when my name was shouted
"Drew!" I looked up to see Aiden standing there with horror sketched across his face, then I felt the most unbearable pain I've ever felt in my life.

I felt large claws rip through the flesh and fur on my back, the felt like the were dipped in poison, a poison like wolfsbane. I didn't even have time to howl in pain before my world went dark.

Aidens POV~~~
"Beta...beta, beta Aiden" I heard a breathless voice calling for me. I was currently in the middle of paperwork. I looked up to see the boy Drew has taken some kind of liking to,
"Yes Zander?" I asked
"It's...its...alpha Drew, she's...fighting...three rouges" his words came out in short pants, I shot up from my desk
"Where is she Zander?" I asked him
"By..by the pack border behind the garden" by now his breathing has gone back to normal.

I quickly dashed off with Braxton to find Drew.

We got to the spot where she was, a wolf was already dead and she was fighting another, one seemed to be regaining consciousness, before any of us could do anything one of the wolves came over to her, I did the most dumbest thing ever...I yelled for her.

Her eyes snapped to mine, giving the wolf the advantage and he dug his claws deep into her back as she fell unconscious. Her blood was pouring out of her body, Braxton rushed to his broken mate as i shifted and finished off the two wolves. Braxton picked up Drew, who has already shifted into her human form, that's usually not a good sign, and started to go back the castle.

One of the guards that were with us threw a blanket over her naked form. I grabbed the wolf that clawed her back and drug it by its neck back to the dungeon, avoiding his claws.

After I threw the dead wolf into incarceration I rushed to the hospital wing in the castle.
"What's the news?" I asked Braxton who was sitting in a chair with bandages on his arms
"They can't do anything" he said, he seemed angry.
"Why?" I demanded
"Once they touch her cuts to clean it the wolfsbane burns them and they can't wear the special gloves because they are too bulky. The human Doctor is 20 minutes away" he practically growled out.
"Dammit, what happened to your arms?" I asked him
"The blood from her cuts dripped onto my arms and the wolfsbane burned my arms and my stomach, I didn't even notice" he said.
"What's happening with her right now?" I asked
"They covered the gashes and have done a blood transfusion to keep her alive. She's barely stable" his voice was very quiet. I sat beside him and put my hand on his shoulder
"She'll be okay" I kinda rubbed his back slightly.
"I hope so" he added.