7. Avoiding Oceans

I woke up 3 hours after I dozed off, Braxton was still laying on my chest, I grabbed his hand, because I know, once the sun rises, this will be over. Although I didn't want to leave him, I knew that for my own sake, and his. We couldn't be together, we were too different, and too broken.

Braxton said he was going to stay for a few days to spend some time with his sister. I start to feel wetness soak into the shirt that I put on before we got into the sheets. I knew it wasn't drool because of the slight shaking of Braxton's body.
"What's wrong?" I asked, my voice was deeper due to me just awakening.
"I don't want to leave you again."  He sniffled. His voice that was thick with an accent was very husky and deep.
"Oh, Braxton, I'm so sorry it's come to this" I whispered. Soothing him with a small back rub, I halted when I felt risen skin, obviously scars lined his back, going in all different directions.

He instantly tensed. Noticing I've over stepped my boundaries I retracted my hand and threaded it into his hair again.
"I'm sorry" I muttered.
"My father," Braxton began to say
"No, Brax, it's okay" I said
"Brax?" He looked up at me, the moon light giving him amazing light to his features. He smirked at me
"Leave me alone" I laughed
"I like it" he mumbled and hugged my body tighter to him. I just ran my fingers in his hair, over and over again.

He fell asleep again and I crawled out of bed and took a quick shower, he was still asleep on my bed when I got out. I quickly got changed into a pair of jeans and a white shirt with a navy blue blazer, I put on a watch and a chunky gold chain. I threw my long, dark hair into a high pony tail and pulled out some hair making it look more messy. I then put on nude heels, I had to go to a meeting with a few neighboring packs who have had recent rouge attacks.

I walked out of my closet to see him still sound asleep, I kissed his forehead before I left. I closed the door silently,
"Hey" I yelped slightly and turned to face Aiden
"What do you want?" I scolded him
"I came to get you, but It seems you've already decided to run before he woke up" he chuckled
"Leave me alone, Aiden. We could never work, and you know that" we began walking
"The moon goddess wouldn't put you two together if it could never work" he pointed out to me.
"'Maybe just not now." I shook my head.

We decided to have the meeting very early in the morning so the alphas can eat breakfast after and then leave before dawn. It is 4:30 now, but most of the alphas are already in the room, Braxton will not be attending this meeting we've already had a meeting for his pack.

"Your highness" everyone mumbled as I walked into the meeting. I slightly nodded in acknowledgment.
"This meeting is about protecting all of my packs" I started to say
"Although I cannot supply all of you with as many guards as you'll need to protect you pack, because that will leave me and my own pack vulnerable. I will be sending each of you home with two of my best trained fighters to train your pack for 3 weeks, then they will be returning to my pack."
"Thank you, your highness" all of the alphas said together.
"And if you will ask all of your Luna's to meet me in the ballroom, I have something I need to discuss with them" I said to them.

I never really showed much emotion around any alphas or anything, they might mistake me as a Luna which I'm not, I am an alpha. I quickly grabbed Mary and grabbed the things I needed for this meeting with the Luna's that accompanied the visiting alphas.

"Good morning, Luna's" I greeted them with a soft smile.
"good morning Queen Drew" they all mused together. I looked at the group of about 12 Luna's all standing in the giant ballroom, ranging from the age of 18-27. I decided to give the Luna's a little gift, to give them hope thorough all of these rough times, including the rouge attacks on multiple packs at a time.