Abused! L x Reader

Start from the beginning

You eventually ask as you walk up behind him, making him tense.

"Why do you ask?"

He answers, not looking over.

"You know why...You've been very...off today."

You say, walking up behind him and running your hand across his shoulders.

"What's wrong?"

You then ask, and he's silent in response.

"Surely you can talk to your own wife."

You then say, slipping around the chair and sitting down on his lap. Usually you weren't affectionate while you were at work, but everyone else had gone home, which made the exception.

"It's um....Well, today is the day that..."

He says, and you notice he was starting to lose his overall composure.

"What's today sweetheart?"

You say as you kiss his cheek, and he's silent again, making you sigh.

"L...I saw the photo.."

You eventually sigh, making him tense only a bit.

"You...you did?"

"Mhm...It has something to do with that, doesn't it..?"

You ask, making him pause before he nods slowly.

"Today.... Is the anniversary of...when I first came to the orphanage."

He mutters, looking away.

"Oh..."

You answer, cuddling into him.

"And that photo...it's...my biological mother."

He says, and the room gained a heavy silence afterwards, only broken by the constant buzzing of the many screens and computers.

"I mean...I never saw her as my mother. Not at all. But...it's hard not to have some feelings towards where you came from."

He says, looking away.

"She...was terribly abusive, you see, And I was taken away eventually..Not before the damage had been done though. But...for some reason, I can't help but still have love for her."

"...What about your father...?"

You ask quietly as you join your hands. He shrugs in response.

"I only remember her. I don't think he was around. Maybe he left and...and she couldn't take the responsibility of a child. So she took it out on me by..."

He mumbles, starting to slightly shake.

"Honey....Shh....You don't have to explain anymore. I understand."

You say, tightly embracing him and making sure he knew he was loved.

How could I have not known...?