primo

We could be better - Janine and the Mixtape

After licking her forefinger for another time, Gia flipped the page over. Shutter speed and aperture were written in big bold letters at the top. She opened her eyes and laid back onto the wall, observing everything below her. New York City was always different than all the other cities she visited. She watched the people on the corner of the streets, standing at the bodegas trying to hustle or talk to someone. There always was someone on the corner, even at two in the morning.

With a big sigh, she laid on the pink cloth. The sun was setting and shone all along Amsterdam Ave, tinting her skin.

She rolled onto her back and opened her legs slightly, allowing the sun to seep in between.

From inside her one bedroom apartment, she could hear her phone buzz against the glass table. She groaned and stood up from her comfortable positioning, and headed in through her window.

With a quick swift, she clutched her phone to her ear and answered. "Hello." She spoke through the phone.

"Hey, we need you to come through, we need you to work a little longer." Her boss tempted.

This wasn't the first time she had to work on a day off. She had no plans so she agreed.

Setting her phone down, she glanced around her apartment quickly then went to retrieve her blanket from outside.

Another hot day in the city, the news reporter said 92 degrees but it felt like 100. Carti sat at the white couch by the window as he listened to Rocky describe what would be happening with the photo shoot. As Rocky finished what he was saying, he called the head quarters for High Snobity Magazine to check their appointment.

Carti glanced out the window, looking down upon the streets of West Harlem. He looked across the street at the bodega, watching the drug dealers on the corners try to talk to females passing by.

"We gotta be there at six thirty tonight. It's in a building on Broadway, they said." Rocky turned to look at Carti, who was gazing out the big glass window.

"Aight."

As Carti turned, he caught glance of the lightly orange tinted girl diagonal from the building they were in. He watched as she stretched her body towards the sun. He couldn't make out too many features but from what he saw she was a petite sized golden tinted girl. Her hair was very curly and sat a little above her shoulders, in a neat bob like form

She wore a white T shirt and a pair of shorts that looked to be compression shorts.

He couldn't catch much more before she headed in the apartment.

Rocky came out from the back room and started to grab his belongings. "Let's leave now. We can take the D train to Broadway." And with that they left.

--

Gia walked into the heavy doors of Urban Outfitters along Broadway. She began walking up the ramp and to the back to clock in.

"Hey girl." Her co worker said, stretching the L.

Gia looked over her shoulder and gave her a quick smile. She clocked in and began walking around, observing the customers if anyone needed help.