My sister and her friend

//POV of Sofie//

I saw her here and there, in the halls and sometimes in the line waiting for her mom or dad to pick her up.. I didn't know at the time that we would end up this close, how I can't stand to lose her or even to see her cry.. I want to make her happy.. I want her to always be happy. I guess that that's why I started writing this, is so she feels special, because she is the only person who is special.

I put my pen down and sighed, that was just something I made up about a new girl at our school and by our I mean my family, I have two brothers and an adopted sister. She isn't technically my sister, she is Rebels, my youngest brothers friend, her name is Sari. My brother is so gay. He just doesn't seem to notice it yet. He also hasn't transformed yet so we are unsure if he is a shifter or not. 

My other brother is named Jay, he is an owl shifter, I am a panther, and so was our mom and my friend Jacie. This isn't the new girl I was talking about though. Our mom died after saving Rebel from an on coming car, Rebel wants to return the favor one day, he just doesn't know when he will get the chance.

The next day, at school, I finally talked to her, a few of my friends at the time where talking to her as well, her name was so beautiful when I first heard it. I wanted to say it over and over again, until I got it right... Nightshade.. a very uncommon name, but it fit her perfectly. My younger brother, Rebel walked up beside me to see what was going on, so did my twin, Jay. 

"H-hi... I am Nightshade..." she said in a very soft and small voice, but this voice is what brought me in, she made me want to get to know more about her, whether she was a shifter or not. If she even knew about us, everyone in this school are shifters, so I can't tell if this new smell- Nightshade- really was one of us. If she isn't then I will go to all lengths to protect her. She was so small, so...perfect. I asked her to be my friend..and she jumped and smiled, "Of course I will be your friend!! But... what's your name?" She asked the second part in a hushed tone, as if she where telling a secret. 

"M-my name?" I pause to remember, it's been so long since I have had people call me by my real name, but I wanted her to know, I didn't want to keep any secrets from her. Rebel nudges me, and it clicks. "Lily, my birth name is Lily. But I prefer to  go by Sofie, Sofie White." I don't know really why I told her that, but I do anyways. My brothers and I all have different choosen last names, so no one knows we are related, being all polar opposites. My Brother Jay was, and by was I mean he already had surgery and all. He used to be my twin sister, before we moved to Clamin, and then to West-mount Highschool. My other brother, Rebel, lived here for most of his life, he didn't know about us since he is the legendary Shifter. We knew this before he was even born, so we sent him to live with Luke, our family friend, he has been like a dad to Rebel, and him being gay, made it 100 times easier for Rebel to come out. Jay's last name is Manic. Rebel took Luke's last name, Heartnick. And he clams it's because he makes all the guys fall in love with him. As if.