It Was 1978

"Come on mila, tell us again pleaseeee!" The three young children begged for me to tell them the story once more. Although I've told them this same particular story too many times to count by now it was always fun to see their grins and small gasps. I sat there for a moment, observing the kids that were plopped down on the floor with their legs criss crossed looking up at me waiting for me to resume what I was going to tell them.

 In all honesty it made me sad that I would have to disappear from their lives in a couple years, but it's something that I have gotten used to. Letting people go is never something easy but try doing that forever.. did I mention that I can live for millions of years, maybe until the world is something that is no longer considered the earth? THAT probably sounds insane, but let me tell you how that is possible. 

I finally pulled all of my thoughts together and looked down at the kids that I had to take care of every weekend. With a small grin spreading across my lips I whispered, "Are you guys ready?" I asked. Without any hesitation the young souls shouted and clapped their hands along with several excited nods, with that I giggled and cleared my throat. 

Flashback.

October 10th, 1978.

It was already dark out on this cold Tuesday night and It was always the normal routine to go hang out with the rest of the girls and boys at the football game, little did I know this was the last night that I would ever be considered normal ever again.

"CAM" A low yet raspy tone called my name behind me, I didn't have much time to turn around to face the person who called out my nickname but I only know one person who called me that, Juliet Faye. One of the most breathtakingly beautiful girls that went to Venice High School. Before I knew it i felt her wrap her slightly pale arms around my body.

Juliet Faye was the love of my life, she did not know that and neither did another soul besides mine. I knew it by the way my heart fluttered every time she looked at me or the way my named slipped out of her beautiful lips almost sounding like music to my ears, and most importantly the way my body seemed to get electrified with all these unexplainable feelings that felt more than amazing. The only thing that hurt me the most was that I couldn't tell her, I couldn't tell anyone because who knows what would happen. Especially how people look down on the same sex couples. I couldn't live with the thought of ever getting her in trouble or hurting her in anyway possible. 

For some reason Juliet disappeared for almost all of our junior year, there was almost no information on where she went but that she got really sick and had to move for awhile. When I heard that news I felt like my heart had broken into millions of pieces. she was not only the girl that I had fallen deeply in love with but also my best friend since grade 7. When she left I felt as if more than a whole part of my life and memories had gone with her. 

"JULIET!" I yelled excitedly into our hug, it lasted a good few minutes or so along with a couple of tears from me. Hugging the person that was basically your whole world was the best feeling in the universe. I finally decided to pull away from the tight embrace to look up at the 5'4 dark brunette that I missed more than anything. As soon as I felt her eyes scanning my face I couldn't help but try to contain myself and breathe in the cool air normally. "Oh my god, I've missed you more than anything." Juliet whispered as she wiped the tears away from the warmth of my cheeks. 

Before I could say anything back I felt the coldness of the girls hand intertwine into the warmness  of mine. I was barely coming back to my senses that Juliet was here, I also realized that her skin was un normally cold. "Wait, where are we going?" I asked out of curiosity as she lead me away from the crowd of the small stadium. She didn't say anything but she did turn around to look at me with a soft smile, the one she always flashed me to reassure me that everything was fine and that I was just overthinking. 

We eventually reached Juliets small orange 1978 chevy, she held the door open for me and when I got in I felt this chill that traveled down my neck. When the other girl got in she looked over at me and smiled, "Loosen up, I'm not going to hurt you." she giggled and nudged my arm to break the ice a little bit. With that being done I giggled and pushed her back and turned on the small radio. "I'm not scared or uncomfortable, I'm more in shock because well.. you just fell off the planet." I said in a low tone. 

"Remember that place at the top of that mountain that we would always go to get away from people?" Juliet asked, completely ignoring what I said. I didn't think much of it so I just nodded so that she knew that I knew what she was talking about. 

"Well, we're going there again." she whispered as she started the car engine and backed out of the parking lot. Something felt different and I couldn't explain what it was but it was really bothering me. I stayed quiet most of the way until we reached the familiar destination. I stepped out of the car and closed the hard metal door behind me as I walked to the front of the car to stand next to the girl that had my heart.

"Okay what the hell Juliet." I finally blurted out as I turned to face her, she didn't flinch nor look at me when I said that which was new to me. Right when I was going to give up on the conversation she spoke up. "What do you want to know." Juliet whispered in her low tone that made my knees weak as always. 

I pulled myself from the thoughts that were wandering my mind and focused my attention on the brown eyed girl that was besides me. I looked up at her and cleared my throat before speaking to her and making myself seem like an idiot, but before I could say anything she interrupted me and turned to face me while looking deeply into my eyes. 

"You're in love with me, aren't you?" she whispered still looking into my eyes, it felt as if she was looking through my soul at that moment and I couldn't say anything but nod my head while I mentally slapped myself for admitting the love i had for her. "Now you're wondering how i knew, correct?" she asked again.

 It was like she was reading my mind so clearly and I had no idea what to say or do. "Now you're freaking out because I'm reading every thought inside of your head." she giggled. I finally grew the courage to speak even though I was completely mind blown, "how are you doing that?" I whispered as I tried looking away from her eyes but couldn't because our eye contact felt like magnets that were way too strong to get disconnected. 

Instead of answering I felt Juliet's soft lips crash into mine, and at that moment I felt my heart explode. I quickly responded to the quick contact, my hands began to travel up and down the girls waist and before I knew it I felt Juliet lift me up, her cold hands wrapped my thighs around her as she slowly laid me down on the hood of the orange car. The brunette quickly started to deepen the kiss, I felt my chest start to move up and down a little faster as the heat of the kiss started to get more intense.

 Her tongue trailed lightly over my bottom lip, begging for entry as her hands traveled up the hem of my lace shirt. I let her tongue in, feeling the warm muscle swirl around mine, it started to make my head spin. I felt her finger tips start to make small patterns on the skin of my stomach and the familiar pair of lips start to travel down my chin and slowly down to my neck. The way her her breath was hitting the sensitive spot on my neck almost felt like it would drive me over the edge. 

All of a sudden I felt this incredibly strong pain on the spot where she was kissing, instead of kisses it turned into a bite that left poison sinking through the flesh of my skin and into my blood stream. A bite that would change my life forever.