Chapter Four

"Liana? Are you sure this a good idea?" Elena asked worriedly, following me down to where Elijah was still daggered.

I turned to look at her with a raised eyebrow. "Of course it isn't a good idea Lena. But when have I ever been one for 'Good ideas'?"

This made her look even more worried.

I slowly walked over to Elijah's body which was grey and veiny. Quickly taking a deep breath, I pulled the dagger out of his heart.

Now we wait.

-

"Elena? Why are you sat over there? It's not like he'll kill us. Oh....Wait. Maybe he will." I gave her a sarcastic smile before turning back to the original vampire.

"Damon and Stefan are going to be furious." She muttered crossing her arms, from where she was sat by the door.

Shrugging I carried on turning the dagger between my fingers. "Oh well."

Suddenly Elijah began to do all these weird jerky things..Turning....twisting. I think I heard some bones crack....

"Liana! Get away from him!" Elena exclaimed motioning with her hand for me to go towards her.

"Ah, I'll be fine." I tutted, waving a hand her way.

Elijah's eyes shot open making me jump slightly.

When he noticed me he shot up so he was standing in front of me, breathing heavily.

"What is happening? I-I can't breath." He puffed out before running towards the door.

Once he made it out, Elena and I ran after him, waiting just inside the house.

"What happened?" Elijah basically growled, glaring at us both.

I quickly put my finger to my lips, motioning for him to be quiet. Damon and Stefan were still in the house.

"Can we trust you?" Elena whispered. Elijah's eyes narrowed even more, If possible.

"Can I trust you two?" He replied. How did I know that was coming?

I noticed Elena frown, before looking at the floor.

Slowly, I extended the dagger towards Elijah; making him look at me with surprise written across his face. He hesitantly took it

-

I was currently driving whilst Elijah finished his blood bag making me cringe slightly.

"You look better." Elena told him from the back seat.

Elijah ignored this and looked straight ahead. "Where did you get the dagger?"

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together Elijah. I need your word." Elena reasoned.

"The ability to make demands has long past." Was all he said.

"No demands. We're offering you our help. And in return, we want yours."

"Why should I even consider this?" He turned towards us.

"The same reason you haven't killed us." I started, "You need our help to kill Klaus. And we need you."

He looked like he was about to reply, but was interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Stefan.

"Hello?"

"Where are you? Are you ok? Where's Elijah?"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared down at it for a moment, still able to hear the yapping on the other end. I quickly hung up and threw my phone onto the dashboard of my car.

 Elena stared at me like I was crazy, making me shrug indifferently.

"I don't want to talk to him." It was then that Elena's phone started to buzz

"Hello? ...Yes Stefan, we're fine.....Elijah's right here.... No Stefan. We need to speak to Elijah alone...Elijah is a noble man Stefan; he goes by a code of honour. I know we can trust him...It's our decision Stefan please respect it. And make sure that Damon doesn't do anything stupid."

And then she hung up.

Elijah extended his hand out, motioning for her to give him the phone, which she did. I suppose we weren't going anywhere for a while.

-

Pressing the doorbell to the Lockwood's, Elena and Elijah stood silently beside me waiting for Carol to answer.

"Elijah, Liana, Elena. What are you doing here? W-what happened?" She asked eyeing Elijah's suit.

"I had a little bit of an accident and was wondering if you could help."

"I'm on my way to a meeting so I-"

"It will only take a minute of your time." Elijah stated.

Compelling her.

"Of course, anything you need." She beamed.

"Thank you. Well, first things first. I'm going to need a change of clothing."

"Well, we could try one of my husband's suits. I haven't boxed them up yet."

"Wonderful."

And with that she waltzed upstairs.

"How did you know she's not on vervain?" Elena asked him.

"Because I'm the one who got her off it. Right before you and your friends killed me. Twice" He stated, looking between us.