The other mother

Hanna's POV

I woke up before Caleb. Since I've become pregnant, I've been having crazy sleep hours.
I pressed my lips to his, in attempt to wake him.
He growled slightly, when I pulled back, pulling me in again. I giggled.
That was when I heard someone clearing their throat at the foot of the bed.
I immediately hoped off Caleb to sit up.
At the foot of the bed, was a tall woman who looked slightly familiar.
"Hello," she said, she looked loaded. With her fancy purse, nice dress and tall shoes, even her giant necklace looked like it cost that apartment we had before we moved into our house.
"Mom?!" Caleb exclaimed.
I had never actually formally met Caleb's mother except briefly at the wedding, since she lived in California with her other family.
"Hi," I squealed.
"Mom," Caleb repeated, a bit more structured. "This is Hanna,"
I gave a tiny wave. This was not how I imagined this moment would go.
"I came to wedding, Caleb," she said.
"What are you doing here?" He asked, ignoring her rudeness.
"It was Mother's Day yesterday," she answered, with a slight shrug.
"You came all the way down here for Mother's Day?" Caleb asked in disbelief.
She huffed. "No, I was already in town. But still,"
Caleb nodded.
"Well, both of you, get up and get dressed!" she commanded. "You have a guest!"
Caleb's mother left the room so we could change.

After a few minutes we came downstairs to see that Claudia had made some toast.
"I can't let you guys go hungry," she said, handing Caleb and I each a piece. "We have a big day, ahead of us,"
"What?" I asked, still chewing my food.
"I barely know my sons wife. I'm taking you shopping," she explained.
The thought of spending anytime with Caleb's mother terrified me but i couldn't exactly say no.
"Great," I lied.