I honestly didn't believe in seeing red when you were mad. But now, now I understood.
I don't think I have ever brought my knee up so fast between someone's legs. I dug my fingers deep into his shoulder blade until he sank to the floor. I straddle him and to put it lightly:
I beat the shit out of him, so much so that Benny had to come and get me and we were both escorted out.
I stood outside of the community pool entrance shaking because it was getting quite cold.
"Benny, I can't express how sorry I am. I let my anger get the best of me."
"Don't be. Phillips is the biggest tool I know. I love the way you stand up for yourself. It's pretty hot."
"Thanks and I don't think it's that hot, I mean it's cooled down since the afternoon and there's a wind blowing so I gu-
Benny pulled me in by the waist, real close so that our face were like less than an inch apart.
"Not the weather silly. You." He whispered in my ear. No one could be hotter than him right now.
"Your eyes look really dreamy right now." I blurted out. Wow, there I go again. The mood killer.
"I know exactly what to say up until here." He replied.

I don't know if it was the heat or the pop making me delusional. But I was pretty sure I was in love with Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez, and I know I was going to show him that I was.
I grabbed the collar of his unbuttoned flannel shirt. I pulled him close, close enough to feel him panting. And I kissed him, smack bang on the lips.
I had never kissed anyone else other than my parents and a couple cousins so I wasn't that experienced so I let Benny take control. This wasn't just a peck ladies and gentlemen.
This was a.. 'You're hot and I like you'-feel good- long lasting kiss. I think it had to be a whole 3 minutes before we pulled away.
"I didn't think I could hold my breath for that long." I exclaimed chuckling. Benny just looked at me with a smile and pecked me on the lips.

Benny's POV
I just looked at her with a smile and kissed her on her lips. She was so cute without even trying or realising.
"It 3:00. What do you want to do?" I asked.
"Well. There's this place. I can't tell you were it is exactly but it's quiet there. I like it there." She said dreamily.
"I was staring at you that whole time so I'm just gonna follow you to where you go." I said laughing. Before we began to walk I gave her my white shirt to wear with her skirt so she wouldn't be cold.
We continued to talk like we usually would, laughing, smiling and exchanging glances.
Babs (nickname for Barbra) flipped a section of her hair back revealing a fresh cut on her forehead.
"Barbra did he hurt you?" I asked sweeping her hair back and tilting her head up.
"I guess he scratched me but it's fine it just stings a little."
"If he touches you again, I promise I'm gonna kick his ass next time." I vowed combing a hand through her hair.

It was now almost 5:00 and getting late so we decided we should make our way home. On the way there we talked about The great Bambino; the babe and his many plays and personal life choices.
But then we made to Barbra's house. I looked her up and down, she was wearing my over sized t shirt and had her long hair in a ponytail and was wearing flip flops. She looked beautiful in every single way possible.
"Well, I'll call you or I'll see you tomorrow." She said looking up at me. She opened up her hands for a hug which I happily gave her.
"Goodbye Barbie." I said walking her to her mailbox. She waved goodbye and opened the screen door.

Barbra's POV
I waved goodbye to Benny and opened my screendoor then closed it behind me.
"Hey mom where's dad?" I asked putting my stuff down and walking it the kitchen.
"He's staying at a journalists camp for a couple nights, why do yo-
"WE KISSED!"
"Wha- do you mean... You and...
I nodded vigorously at her every word.
"You kissed?! Darling I'm so happy for you!" My mom said pulling me in then asking for the details.

Benny's POV
I walked in through the house and I saw my mom watching tv on the couch.
"Hola Benny." She sighed as I walked into the living room.
"Hola Mama. You'll never believe what happened."
"What?"
"She kissed me!" I yelled dropping my stuff down.
"Ay! She did?"
"On the lips Mama."
"Ay, Benny! I'm so happy for you." She said standing up and hugging me.
I sat down with my Mama for dinner and told her about everything. And I helped her with the plates because the story of the kiss still wasn't finished. It was getting late, close to 9:00pm, I went upstairs, took a shower and got ready for bed. I added a memo to my memory box. On a strip of beige paper I wrote:
April 24th of 1965: The day that I Benny Franklin Rodriguez.. Kissed Barbra G Ruth on the lips
I wait patiently for the call. I twiddled my thumbs for like 5 minutes until the ringing of the phone caught my attention.
"MAMA! ÉST PHONE CALL FROM BARBRA! DO NOT PICK IT UP." I yelled. I put my hand on the phone and picked it up.
"Oh hey. I wasn't expecting to hear from you." I said
"What're you talking about we just talked like 3 hours ago." She mentioned.
So it hasn't even been, what? Two minutes into the conversation and I'm already managing to mess it up.
"Anyways. I had a really fun time with you." She added.
"Thanks I had a great time with you today." I replied.
"So you going to the sandlot tomorrow?" She asked.
"We were actually gonna go to Ham's place and try and get your ball. He lives right next to Mertle's junkyard."
"Oh sounds cool. Ham's just three house away yeah."
"From you? Yeah three."
"See ya tomorrow Benny."
"See ya Barb."