Chapter 33 - Beholden

Start from the beginning

I worried.

She stood up.

I felt sick.

Then she giggled. Then laughed loudly. She wouldn't stop till there were tears in her eyes.

She truly thought she was going mad!

"Selene, are you okay?" I asked again cautiously.

She looked at me and I was already considering our options. Should I bring her to Freud or Thanatos? Should I tell my brothers? Should I put her to sleep and let her think this was all just a dream? I was panicking, but she caught my attention and I realized that the sparkle in her eyes didn't hint at lunacy. In fact, they held something else entirely.

"I think I might have drunk too much and had my first meal today too late," she said when her mirth had dissipated to a playful smirk.

She walked back to me and raised a hand to touch my cheek and quietly said, "Thank you for sharing your world with me."

Her fingers traced my jaw as she stared into my eyes and said, "I will blame the alcohol and the late meal because I swear your eyes are gold."

I could not resist.

I cupped her face between my hands and allowed myself more than a whiff. I bent toward her and breathed in her sweetness. Her lips slightly parted and I closed the distance and kissed her. I tasted her. I enveloped her in my arms as I went deeper with a need that had grown for hours, years, perhaps millennia. I had not known this kind of need till I'd met Selene.

I growled and gathered Selene closer to me. And she returned as much as I gave. She was sweet. And I was starving. She was the most delectable treat I'd had in an eternity.

If my parents were screaming at me now, I would not have heard them. They could've sent banshees and I would've remained deaf. All I saw, heard and tasted was Selene.

I no longer cared.

I sent Selene cyclones, beasts, everything she wanted. But she ignored all these as she continued kissing me with an intensity that induced sensations I'd never felt before. Just when I thought I'd covered all possible feelings the last decade.

"Wow," she breathed out. I thought she was referring to the concepts I'd woven that were now fading in the background as our faces drew apart. But she was gazing at my eyes. And I was staring at her mouth.

And I kissed her again. Hungrier than before.

I knew I was never going to have my fill.

I reined in my desire. I moved from her lips to the side of her mouth to her jaw to her neck. I settled at the pulse beating below her jaw, fascinated with its rapid rhythm. Had I caused that?

I grinned to myself.

"Someone's feeling cocky," Selene said teasingly as she placed a few inches between us.

I pulled her back and wrapped her in my arms.

"No. Just indescribably happy," I told Selene then reluctantly added, "Come on. Let's get you home."

We walked through the narrow lane and I knew my shadows were lurking, gawking at Selene. She didn't say anything though as she walked next to me, her arm wrapped in mine, a smile playing at her lips as she looked at an unseen object in front of her.

We walked past a basketball court and Selene grinned at me and asked, "Want to see if you can beat me this time?"

I smiled at her. Completely adorable. Partially tipsy.

"No. At least not in that dress," I answered.

"Are you suggesting I take it off?" she quickly replied.

I halted when I heard her suggestion. I looked at her.

She looked at me. Then waved off her hand to dismiss her suggestion. "I was kidding!"

Then she started walking again and I followed her. She probably misread the hunger in my eyes and thought I was scandalized. Better she thought that and desist or else I was going to drag her back to my cave whether in this realm or mine.

But Selene deserved more. She deserved the truth.

When we reached her place, I walked her up the steps and gently pressed my lips on hers. I lingered and let her steal my breath, my soul.

Did gods have souls?

**

Yay! Finally! That first (and second and third) kiss! Woohoo! I have officially conquered cheese!!

It was a busy week juggling work and fundraisers and instead of enjoying the weekend, I'm down with the flu :( But I couldn't stay in bed. I just had to get this chapter up for you wonderful people! I <3 you all!

Please vote, comment and follow (if you wish! I'm ecstatic I now have 43 :-))