Changes

Before you start reading, I would like to ask you to follow the according rules. . .

°Don't steal my book's idea, or just the book in general!!

°If you wish to comment, I would greatly appreciate NO cussing, swearing, or rude comments on my book, please. If I find any of these, they WILL be deleted.

°There will NOT be any swearing in this book, either. So if you're looking for a book like that, this is NOT the one for you.

°EVEN though this is a book that has teen pregnancy in it, I PROMISE YOU THERE WILL NOT BE ANY SEXUAL CONTENT. IT'S COMPLETELY CLEAN.

° © laws are all up on this book! No copying please!!

Now that that's out of the way, ENJOY THE BOOK!!! :)

Chapter One

Hi, my name is Jaylee. I'm seventeen years old, and I'm a Christian.

I am now going to go to Hartsworth Academic High School, in Harrisburg, Florida. (I say 'now' because my dad is in the military, so we move around alot.)

Let me tell you about myself.

I have straight black hair, thick black-rimmed glasses, and blue eyes. I have contacts, but I don't wear them all that much, only on special occasions. .

I'm usually wearing a over-the-knee jean skirt, with a baggy Tee, mostly with my favorite logo on the front, and my gray tennis shoes.

I don't really have an acne problem, so I don't think It necessary to wear makeup to cover up something that isn't there.

So I usually just go everywhere without makeup.

I've never been one to want to be in the spotlight, so I don't like to bring attention to myself. I'm not really shy, I just don't feel comfortable speaking in public places, or private places for that matter. .

Plus, my parents will only let me wear skirts and dresses, no pants. That's been a family rule for generations! So I don't feel the need to worry about my looks all the time.

I've had straight A's in EVERY school since K5, and I'm always looking for something to do for extra credit. My family believes that if you aren't doing the best you can do at something then you've all ready failed.

People assume since I do so well in school, that I must do it all the time, but my all time favorite thing to do is read!

Book by book, and page by page. Everything ranging from Fiction to History is my favorite. Reading is my life!!

Every where I go, I always have a book. If I don't have one, I usually just feel naked or something. . And if I don't have a book, It's probably cause I'm sick, or I'm doing schoolwork.

I guess you could say I'm a 'nerd' or a 'bookworm', at least, that's what other people say. . .

What I love mostly about reading is, I feel like I'm in a completely different world, reading about someone or somethings life. Delving into their thoughts like I'm a part of them. .

It also helps me not think about all of the people around me. . Not that I don't like 'people' in general, but It seems there's always someone teasing me about my clothes or how smart I am or my book reading.

You would think that I would be asking my parents for advice on how to deal with it, but they're no help either.

My parents and I aren't as close as people tend to believe.

In fact, we hardly ever speak unless it's absolutely necessary.

Sorry, I have been speaking on and on about my parents, and I haven't even introduced them. .

Okay, my mom, is Jerrie Johnson, and my dad is Erik Johnson. They both have dark hair, like mine. Except I get my blue eyes from my dad, and my mom's eyes are cocoa brown.

They met and started dating in high school. They both joined the military after they graduated, and got married later on.

My mom had to quit the military full time, when she found out she was pregnant with me.

So mom became a housewife, while dad stayed in the military to support us both.

-Which brings us back to moving-

It's a total pain! Moving here and there, having to find a new house every year, It's just exhausting. .

We've moved to over ten places since I've been born. So it's really hard changing schools, and even harder making friends. I've only had two REAL friends in my entire life.

There's Izzie, from Texas, and Grace, from Georgia, which was where we had just moved from.

I'm currently in the process of attempting to find a another temporary "friend".

We just got in our new house yesterday, it's cute. Though it's not as charming as our last one in Georgia which was like a mansion with six rooms

This is a small white condo with large roof shutters. .The inside isn't all that great. It's just as normal as any condo would be. .

Normally, I would take a good look at my new house and remember it for always, but this time is different. I never want to see another house in my life!! Why would I want to have a life where I was afraid to even talk to somebody, because I didn't want to get attached to them?? I mean, who should have to do that their junior year in school???

Nobody should have to, and that's why this year, it's going to be different.

©2014