Chapter 8: So...Are We A Thing?

Paris's POV:

Why did it have to be this way? I miss Nick so much. But for him to think of another girl while we were together is pathetic and childish. I unlocked my phone and opened up his contact. I thought about it and thought about it then, I touched the 'delete' option. I was ready to move on, but maybe not right away. Taylor was always checking on me to see how I was doing. She's a great friend, but it makes me feel like a wimp when people are concerned for me, I wanna be on my own...do my own things I don't need my parents help, Taylor's help, or anyone's help. My life is my life and I am prepared to live it to the fullest.

Speaking of Taylor, I wonder how her and Tobes are doing. I know they are just friends, or tell people that anyways, but I know how they both feel about eachother and I thought it was great. I just really don't want Toby to cheat on her, I mean come on, he is a popular buff football player, and that's not Tay's style. I had nothing to worry about, it's not like they're going out.

Taylor's POV:

My heart stopped completely as he took another breath and then kissed me one last time before he left my driveway. "Bye Toby!" I called out, "I-" I started, but couldn't finish, "I-I love...." he was already gone. "You." I whispered softly to myself. When his car was completely out of sight I sighed. I went inside my house. It was snowing outside and when I looked out the window and saw the sheets of snow on the ground it reminded me of his jacket. I forgot to give it back, he put it on me when we walked out of the school because I was cold. Oh well. I will just go wash it and get it to him tomorrow.

I hung it up in my closet and stared at it and sniffed it a few times I won't lie. I licked my lips then put on some chapstick. The same kind he had on. Now, there was only one more thing to figure out. A date for prom, check. A dress, check. A boyfriend, I don't know. Just because Toby and I kissed doesn't mean we are a thing...does it?

That's a question that needed to be asked face to face.

That next day I braced myself and marched up to his presence. He leaned in, but I blocked my face with one hand and with the other hand, put it around his mouth. "I can't kiss you again until I know for sure what we are and what I mean to you." I said with pride. I took my hand off and waited for a romantic answer, "Well, that depends, what do you want us to be?" he asked. Wow, he actually asked for my opinion on this. Now that's a good guy. "Well..." I said, "I am all for dating you."

"Great. Me too." we hugged and departed off to class. As I turned and started to walk he grabbed my arm and turned me back to face him then pulled me in to where there was no space between us. I kissed him and then we smiled at eachother. Oh my gosh! I had a boyfriend. I screamed like a little girl on the inside as I let go of his hand and walked away.

The very first thing I did when I got home was call Paris to tell her what was going on between me and Toby. She was happy too, but then realized that I should've kept my mouth shut because I could tell in her voice that she wasn't totally over Nick.

"I'm sorry Paris, I forgot." I stated.

"Its ok. Look, I am happy for you! But I better go. Congrats! Bye." she said.

Toby's POV:

Taylor was the one. I love her so much. Prom is tomorrow night and there's no time to waste. I usually don't dance and I'm pretty sure Taylor doesn't either, but no matter what we were going to get a slow dance. A lightbulb went off. That's it! I am going to dedicate a song to her. Kind of like, saranade her at prom. I played the guitar and I was an amazing singer, so I hear. I just needed to come up with a good song tonight. One I know by heart and can learn to play within three hours.

This is the best idea. She's going to love it! I have to work up the courage to do this in front of the whole Junior and Senior grades though. I've never performed before, but I'm willing to give it all I have.

For the first time in my life I feel confident. I don't feel ugly, or dumb, I don't feel like there is no one in my life. Because now I have the most amazing girl in the world. She is pretty, sweet, kind, and I can trust her with anything which was my favorite part of this relationship. Oh and she is the total opposite of Paris.

***

Tonight Taylor and I decided to go on our first official date. We were going to this super fancy Italian restaurant. I put on a nice suit with my dad's old dress shoes and spiked up the front of my hair. I walked downstairs while buttoning up the jacket. "Look at you." my mother said.

"Thanks Mom." I replied now feeling even more confidence.

"I can't believe how much you have grown up. You remind me of your father every time I get a glimpse at you." tears welled in my mom's eyes and she tilted her head down. "Mom, don't cry this is a happy moment, I am going on a date with a gorgeous girl and we are going to enjoy it and when I come back I can introduce you both." I smiled assuring her everything was okay.

The doorbell rang and I wondered who it could be because I was suppose to pick her up. I opened the door and sure enough it was Taylor. I was speechless. She was wearing a short black dress with sparkles all over and her hair was down and it framed her face. "I was suppose to come get you." I said.

"I know, but I decided that I want to meet your mom now." she insisted.

"Oh ok. By the way, you look absolutely stunning," I said to her and she grew embarrassed, "Mom! Come meet Taylor!" I called. She stepped inside and I closed the door. My mom walked out and shook Taylor's hand. "Hello." said Taylor.

Taylor's POV:

"Hi." Toby's mom said back. "My name is Debra, but I go my Debby."

"Im Taylor." I said while smiling. Then I looked at Toby, "Shall we go?" I asked nicely. He winked, "Of course. We don't want to be late for our reservation." he stated.

I took another look at Debby, "It was nice to meet you." We walked out to my car.

We went inside and the waitress lead us to a booth. Toby and I sat down across from eachother and picked up our menus. "Drinks?" the waitress with a perky attitude asked. I read the name tag, "Yes, I will have Diet Coke please." she wrote something down on her pad and then switched it over to Toby, "and a water for me." he said. She poured him his water and then left towards the kitchen. "This place is nice." I said. He was scanning the menu. "I know right? And the food is great." he responded.

I looked under the salads and chose to get a Chicken Caesar Salad with a breadstick. We ordered our food and she brought me my Coke. My hand was placed on the table, his was as well. I scooted mine an inch closer and closer and closer. Soon there was only a centimeter between our fingers. He rested his on mine and we shared a gaze into eachother's eyes. We were just about to reach over the table and kiss when all of a sudden a waiter came around the corner and put our food down. We sat back down and started to eat.

The check came and he paid. "Thanks for tonight." I said. We held hands all the way out to the car. ***

I dropped him off and then I sat there for a few seconds just staring at his house, dreaming about what we could turn out to be. I looked at myself in the side mirror and tossed my bangs out of the way. He stepped back out of his house just as I put the car in drive. He ran at me, "Oh! And Tay?" he started. I put my eyes on him. He continued, "I love you." I thought I just might die. "I love you too Toby." I kissed him on the cheek and drove off. Yes! Yes! Yes! We definitely were a thing! A huge, great, fabulous, obviously in love thing!

Toby was the one. And no one can take him from me, not on my watch. He means way too much to me.