Chapter 1 (Maka meets a Demon)

I was running down an allyway looking for new prey. A woman walked in front of me and I slash through her. A soul comes out and I was thankful for the soul as I swallowed it whole. A girl shouts form behind me, I quickly fleed but she was right behind me. I tried jumping from building to building, she was still following me. I had only one choice, I had to fight her.

(Maka) Black demon Devon, you have nowhere to run, for your crimes I will have to take your soul.

(Devon) I didn't want to fight but you forced my hand.

My hands turned into scythe blades. She swung her scythe at me over and over again. I keeped deflecting it in an attempt to stay alive. She made me lose my balance, and put scythe around my neck.

(Maka) Do you have any last words Keshin?

(Devon) No, I had a good run. I didn't ask to be born a Keshin, but it's my fault. Kill me, I don't deserve to live.

(Maka) You're an interesting Kishin.

I quickly knock the scythe out of her hand, jumping roof top to roof top, trying to get away.

I got to what I could call home, which is an abandoned building. It's good for hiding from Meisters. People come to spray paint and hang out. It gives me easy food. This place may suck but it's all I got, I try to make it work.

(Maka) Hey soul, look who we found?

(Devon) Great I get caught eating and now I'm caught in my own home. Is there anywhere I can hide from a Meister?

(Maka) You may have gotten away the first time, but you won't get away again.

(Devon) You're right, you know where I live now. So what would be the point in running? I wish I didn't have to be a Kishin.

(Maka) What do you mean? You turned into a Kishin by choice didn't you?

(Devon) No I was born a Kishin and taught to be one, I never had a choice.

(Maka) You don't have to be a Kishin.

(Devon) What do you mean?

(Maka) You obviously don't want to be Kishin, so if you want, you can live with me. I can teach you to be human.

(Devon) I never had a real home before, what is the catch.

(Maka) No catch, you can be a Kishin if you want. It's just if you never wanted to a be a Kishin? You are very interesting. I was wondering what should I call you?

(Devon) Devon is fine, what should I call you?

(Maka) Just call me Maka, it's nice to meet you Devon.

I trusted her, following her to her house. As they get there ,I walked inside. She showed me a room, she told me I could stay in there.