Finding Out

Zoey screamed, loudly.

"Honey, we didn't wanna alarm you! But it's true! Your mum has...." Mr. Anderson's voice trailed off.

With tears trickling down her cheeks, Zoey asked, " Is...she g-g-gonna die?"

"Honey, don't worry. I will always stay with you," Mrs. Anderson managed to say. She was really sick.

"Forever?"

"Forever."

Zoey's mum had cancer. She found out today.......on her birthday. It was lung cancer and it had already spread, causing unimaginable damage. The doctors had never seen this before. It was unusual. Zoey had sobbed her eyes out then suddenly screamed. 

Zoey had noticed a lot of peculiar things happening. Her mum didn't want to eat food until her dad force fed her, her mum wan't cheery anymore, the house was always quite, no visitors came, nothing happened. 

What a birthday, Zoey thought.

"Honey, we didn't wanna ruin your birthday, now come on make a wish!" 

"DAD! HOW CAN YOU BE SO CASUAL! I HATE THIS! I HATE EVERYTHING! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! I D-D-DON'T WANT A-ANYTHING! I WANT MOMMY TO BE O-O-OKAY!" Zoey was shrieking. 

"Honey, I am sorry," Mr. Anderson said. "Come here".

Too late. Zoey had run away to her room. Her parents sighed. 

Meanwhile, Zoey's head was spinning. 

What's gonna happen?

Will Mom die?

What will the doctors do?

Who do I talk to?

Nobody.

Daisy won't get it, will she?

Zoey reluctantly picked up her purple cordless and dialed Daisy's number.

Sobs. More sobs....and some more sobs.

What's going on? mused Zoey.

"Hello? Daisy?" 

Daisy finally talked.

"H-hi...h-how are you?"

"Daisy, are you okay?"

"Zoey!" Daisy was sobbing again.

"Zoey, m-m-my m-mum...she....cancer.....doctors....confused.....what the hell......will....I do...."

Zoey heard Daisy's words and started to cry too, "Daisy, my mum has cancer too.....doctors are saying she might die......"

They carried on about what they were gonna do. Realization dawned over them, crying won't help. They were gonna make the coming days the best for their parents. Parks, malls, movies, food, everything that would brighten up their lives.

"Oh, and by the way, Zoey.....happy birthday!" Daisy said.

Zoey managed a weak laugh, "Thanks!"

                                                                                   ***

",Mum, we'll be late!" Zoey yelled from downstairs. 

It was their tenth day trying out their "brightening up their lives" act and it was working. Mrs. Anderson and Mrs. Zacharias had been to the spa, the movies, the mall, Starbucks, and the amusement park. 

"Okay, I'm here!" Mrs. Anderson walked down the stairs with a cute shirt saying "YOLO" and some faded skinny jeans with cute flip flops. 

"Wow, Mom! You look pretty! Though, are you sure you not wearing my shirt?" Zoey exclaimed.

"Puh-leeze! You're so fat, your shirt would look like a sack on me!" Mrs. Anderson said, very "seriously".

"Mom!" Zoey was mock offended.

They both giggled and walked out the front door. Suddenly, Mrs. Anderson fell. 

"MOM! MOM!" Zoey shouted. "DAD!! DAD! COME OUT QUICK!"

Mr. Anderson ran outside and saw his wife, lying limp on the floor. He furiously started dialing 911. 

Two minutes later, the ambulance arrived. They took out a stretcher and carried Mrs. Anderson in the ambulance. Zoey climbed onto it and held her mum's hand.

"No children allowed!" the male nurse snapped.

Zoey shot him a death glare and the guy backed away. Mr. Anderson climbed on and they drove to the hospital, dodging traffic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So hoped you liked it. If you're wondering, Daisy and her mum went horseback riding when Mrs. Anderson collapsed!

VOTE 

COMMENT

FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW

-DUAA<3