Chapter 8: The Incidents

Start from the beginning

"Michael, I love you!"

"Michael, you're so goddamn sexy!"

"Michael, what happened to your tour? Why are you suddenly here?"

"Sign my forehead!"

"Michael, please look here!"

 He knew he shouldn't have left the hotel without his bodyguards. Now he's trapped in some human vortex. That wasn't supposed to sound mean, but that's what it is.

"Guys, please back up, I really need to go," he pleaded, but not everyone hear it. Like come on, a small voice of hundreds of screams? Then what he heard was not pleasant. Anger and rage boiled inside him.

"Are you seriously dating that Autumn slut?"

   He forgot about everything. He forgot about being scared of hurting anybody. He forgot the fact that he was trapped by some kind of human barricade. He just forgot everything, except for that horrid comment about his childhood friend. He walked towards the voice, and he found a man with a black eye on his left.

"What the fuck did you just say?" Michael answered, spite dripping from his words. Everybody turned silent, even the most hardcore of fans. They just watched him in shock. He swore he just saw fear in the man's eyes, though it vanished quickly. He managed a weak chuckle.

"Oh my God, you really are dating her? Damn, lots of luck to you. She's impossible, I swear. You don't even want to know."

"You don't even know her, so back off."

"Oh, please. I've known her better than anybody. She acts like this goody goody person that everybody likes when in reality she's a whore."

    That fucking did it. His face was probably red from anger, but he didn't care. Nobody, and that means nobody insults her like that. She was his friend. He would stand up for any of his friends. Nobody has the right to call someone that. Those words hurt. He knew how it felt, being called eccentric and ugly and overrated, and God, it did not feel pleasant.

    He shoved him off, making the man fall on the stone-hard ground. Every watched him wide-eyed, not really expecting the person with such a peaceful nature pushing someone down. He knew this would all be recorded and put ont he news and whatsoever, but at the moment, he didn't care. He'd worry about it later. What matters most now is that nobody insults Autumn and gets away with it.

"Watch what you're saying. I don't care if this is being broadcast worldwide right now, but you better just watch your words because nobody insults my friends and gets away with it. Nobody. I don't care who you are or how rich you are, but I'm saying this again. Back off," and with that, Michael walked away. He heard the shutter sounds of the cameras and the whispering of the people, but again, he didn't care. Even the nicest people have limits.

    He walked to the funeral place already, for he had very little time. He figured he should just go buy a book for his future reading some other time and just pick Autumn up now. The walk wasn't supposed to take long, maybe just 10 minutes, but with everything that just happened, it took him almost an hour. Time really moves fast, whether you like it or not.

    God, he was going to be the "talk of the town" again. Of course, being Michael Jackson, it wasn't just of a town, but of the world. Now he sees the possibilities that might happen. Why didn't he think of this sooner? It would've stopped him from acting so violently. He hated attention. He got too much of it.

    Then he realized something. When that man accused him of dating Autumn, why didn't he deny it? Well, deny isn't actually the word. Why didn't he say something simple like "No, we're just good friends."? It would've made things simpler. Now everybody will assume he's dating her, when in reality, they're just good friends. Why did he have to be so stupid?

   You didn't deny because you really do like her. I told you so.

   He's hearing that voice again. Wow, is he going mentally ill or something? He should really see a psychiatrist soon. It's unhealthy and weird to involuntarily contradict yourself in the mind.

    He finally reached the place and he knocked on the door before he entered. As he opened the door, the small tinkling bells on top made small tinkling sounds, making everybody aware he arrived. The people started whispering, some in hushed tones but some loudly, but again he couldn't help that. It always happens anyway.

    The news must've already arrived in the room because he heard words and phrases such as "I didn't expect that, wow," "Was it a hard shove?," "He must've been really angry," and the likes. He didn't mind them, not really knowing how to react.

    He looked around for Autumn, and there she was, sitting on the front pew. Maybe he should just cancel this lunch thing, after what just happened. She'd probably be embarrassed to go out with such a jerk like him. He walked towards the pew and sat down beside her. Before he could speak, she whisper-shouted.

"About time you got here. Let's get out of here, please, these people are driving me nuts. I'll explain later, and you better to," she said quickly and grabbed his arm. She practically dragged him out of that place. Not that he minds.

---

"Okay, what the hell did you do?" Autumn asked right away as soon as they were far enough from the funeral.

"Hm, nothing much. Just pushed a guy, 's all."

" 'Pushed' is putting it lightly."

"How did you even know?"

"There was a TV in the room, stupid. Everybody saw everything."

"Oh. Hey, did you know that g--"

"Yes, I know him," she snapped. Well, someone's moody. He decided not to comment and just gestured her to go on. "Look, I just want lunch. I'm starving. I'll tell you some other time," she said, this time in a calmer state.

"Sure, but come on, we have to hurry. If anybody catches us together, I swear we are dead."

"Why? Don't you want to be seen with me?" Wow, what kind of question was that? How would he even answer that? That was kind of a bit sudden. Caught him off guard.

"It's not that. Of course I- Well, I would be okay to be seen with you. But you know, that thing just happened awhile ago, so it's not going to help my situation. Our situations. So, yeah. Don't want us to get so much attention, you know?" He explained, and she just nodded. He hadn'r noticed how stunning Autumn actually looked. Her black dress hugged her figure, making her look extremely fit and -though he hated to admit it- hot. Her brown hair was down on her shoulders, and they smelled.. pleasing. Very pleasing. "You look lovely," he managed to choke out.

"Oh. Thanks, means a lot. You, too."

"I do? But I practically wear the same thing everyday. Well, I don't, but all my clothes are similar."

"Well, you do, okay? So where are we going?"

"Do you want me to spoil you?" He chuckled.

"You know I hate surprises."

"We're going to the carnival," he gave her a genuine, childlike smile.

---

A/N: Hi. Yes, I know, I take too long to update. I'm sorry. Plus, this isn't actually a good chapter, so yeah. I feel bad for letting you ((all)) wait for this sloppy chapter. I apologize, really. But you guys know I love you, right? x

twitter:: @rnoonwalker

tumblr:: mjracles.tumblr.com

ask.fm:: mjstan