Preview

Here's a preview to "Surviving the Jungle". It's basically the Prologue..-------

Unknown POV

   I was running. The adversary from which I was fleeing from was cloaked in ambiguity. My feet pounded on the forest floor. Trees whizzed past me. I ran in an awkward zigzag fashion to avoid tripping over the roots and vines protruding from the ground.

A deafening roar echoed through the area. It was a battle cry. A similar noise erupted somewhere in the tree limbs in front of me. I swiveled to the left and sprinted in that direction.

My heart thundered in my chest. Every movement I made was controlled by raw fear. It was an emotion I rarely felt, but now it had consumed me.

I came to Earth, a godforsaken rock in order to hunt, but the tables had turned. I was the prey.

I was the last surviving member of my hunting party. It was composed of five Youngbloods; including me. But now they were all dead. I remember hearing their final cries of pain, before they were cut short and an eerie silence replaced them. They were all killed off one by one, and their bodies were never recovered. Now I was next to die.

An electric sound rang through the jungle. A strange light illuminated my vision. A fiery, excruciating pain filled the right side of my torso. I fell to my knees and turned my head to the source of the agony.

A large portion of my waist had been blown open. Ribs, intestines, and other organs were exposed, and my green blood ran like a raging river. It was most definitely fatal.

With my life and hope fading quickly, I got to my feet and faced my enemy. I wanted to die honorably.

The creature leapt to the ground. It held a javelin in its hand. Its arm drew backwards and flung the pike forwards with one quick movement.

By now, I was too weak to even move. I stood there staring in my final heart-stopping moments.

I closed my eyes just as the weapon made contact with my skull. Next, everything went black...